2014 E63 Biturbo H&R Lowering springs. Which ones?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
I was thinking Mrs AMGeed would be thrilled to get a set of H&R lowering springs for Christmas. So with that in mind, I was having a browse earlier.

On pricing them up, I find that although both sets are supposed to fit my car, there are two versions and I'm unsure which ones are correct.
Looking at the webpage below, the first set in the list, Model 29076-8, priced at £99 49 are listed as fitting my model and drop the car by 35mm.
Going down to the third item, Model 29028-2 are also listed as fitting a 2014 E63 but dropping by 20mm and priced at £170 40.
I appreciate these are for the front only as I already have the adjustable rear links. I also expect that further searching may find a stockist with a more competitive price.

Has anyone with a similar model/year Biturbo fitted this kit and know the correct ones? I have a feeling the second set are the ones Mrs AM needs.
I don't want to disappoint her by getting the wrong ones. To see her sad face on Christmas Day would be too much.

I was thinking about this only today also, however im not keen on having links on the rear Airstruts.

I was thinking about this only today also, however im not keen on having links on the rear Airstruts.
There are already links on the rear Karl. Just plastic ones that aren't adjustable. I know Renntech sell a lowering module but as with all things Renntech it's an expensive route.

There are already links on the rear Karl. Just plastic ones that aren't adjustable. I know Renntech sell a lowering module but as with all things Renntech it's an expensive route.
Is it not possible to edit the values on Star to achieve the same effect like the older cars?

No idea Abs. I know its possible on fully airmatic cars like the W211 E55.

I never trust eBay in terms of application data. The cheaper set of spring 29076-8 is not even for an AMG's, but for regular models and lowers the car by up to 30 mm if you have a standard suspension.

You need 29028-2. You can find more details including TUV certificate on the H&R website. They also do P&P suspension module if you fancy.

^ I thought as much, and did check the H&R website to confirm.

Rog if memory serves me correct , it’s the second set at £170. The price rings a loud bell. Remember to laugh when you see your Monroe shocks 😂😂😂

This is an old thread but just thought I provide my research on H&R part numbers for Mercedes E63.

29076-8 ( S212 T model front springs only)

29028-2 ( W212 saloon front springs only)

Springs are available from Autodoc. Also the information about these springs are on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom