2014 E63 Windscreen cowl trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hausi

Car
GLE63s
I have 2014 E63 estate which has a buzz/ vibration on rough roads that I've traced to the windscreen cowl. Putting felt tape under one of the tabs seems to cure the issue.

Could somebody check their car and see if this tab is exposed like mine or fitted in the clipped in? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1171.JPG.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 56
I have 2014 E63 estate which has a buzz/ vibration on rough roads that I've traced to the windscreen cowl. Putting felt tape under one of the tabs seems to cure the issue.

Could somebody check their car and see if this tab is exposed like mine or fitted in the clipped in? Thanks.

Where abouts is this? could you take one more photo? i have plenty of cabin rattles! :(

Just checked mine and the tab is exposed in a very similar position to your example, but it's bearing down quite hard on the ledge under it.

Just checked mine and looks exactly as yours but, as mentioned above, appears to rest quite snugly.

Have you had a windscreen replacement? The scuttle panel may not have been re-fitted 100% after screen replacement

You know this E63 cabin rattle must be linked to this particular model. Our E350 is as silent as a mouse inside. The 63 did my absolute head in. The new C63 is perfectly quiet.

Good to know its limited to 2014 E63's haha!

Does my nut in, there is a few noise issues.. the seat compartment on my passagner side rattles like hell unless someone is sat in it.

There's a creak from the dash too and one from the door card.

I love the car but really wanna fix these.

I also have the most annoying wind noise at 120mph plus (obviously tried this on a closed road) and yeah it passanger side somewhere, sounds like when your window isnt all the way up sorta whistle but its only over certain speeds.

You guys need louder exhausts lol

Rectified ;0)

I've had one my mates remapped Astra vxr used to smoke it torqueless and slow

You need to plow 20k into an m156 to compare

Last edited:
I've had one my mates remapped Astra vxr used to smoke it torqueless and slow

You need to plow 20k into an m156 to compare

Agreed!

Need to get together with you at some point!

Good to know its limited to 2014 E63's haha!

Does my nut in, there is a few noise issues.. the seat compartment on my passagner side rattles like hell unless someone is sat in it.

There's a creak from the dash too and one from the door card.

I love the car but really wanna fix these.

I also have the most annoying wind noise at 120mph plus (obviously tried this on a closed road) and yeah it passanger side somewhere, sounds like when your window isnt all the way up sorta whistle but its only over certain speeds.

There is a service bulletin for this issue.

Search for 'LI88.20-P-056908' on this page:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/300769-bulletins-207-coupe-212-sedan-7.html

There is a service bulletin for this issue.

Search for 'LI88.20-P-056908' on this page:
That issue manifests itself at much lower speed. Mine would do it from around 45-50mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom