2014 MB w212 Front Track Control Arm Bushings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justintyme

Car
Mercedes Benz w212 E Class
Hi all, my 2014 MB w212 is developing a faint braking problem, as described hereunder:-
Approaching the red traffic lights, so already slowing down and barely moving, just a light tip of the brakes to bring it to a complete full stop. Then the front suspensions / wheels just a slight judder as it stops. Now if this was another make of car, I'd be going for the track control bushings, but as its an MB, I'm not so sure ( but its probably the front bushings ) so some advice would be welcome..what kind of a job is it? Or maybe its something completely different?? Thanks.

Mine had this, replaced discs but ended up being front control arm bushings, changed the full arms inc ball joint & bush

I'll have to wait until after Christmas now until I can get it up on a Lift to check it out. I presume your 320 was showing the same symptoms as mine? Slight vibration when coasting to a stop, and gently pressing the brake pedal bring it to a final halt?

If you want bushings doing i do offer a service where you can post the arms to me with the bushes and i can press them in for you then send them back to you as i have a 20T pneumatic press and the bush fitting kit - all according to Mercedes Workshop specs =)

i've done quite a few for customers- i charge £30 for both arms to press old out and new in

I'm based in Huddersfield but you can get in touch on phone too 07843 799971

i bought meyle bushings for my arms-fitted new bushes -now its as good as new!

the HD bush costs £25 but full arm costs £85 so its a great saving

£80 total for new bushes pressed in =)

1645991312198.pngthis is what i fitted in my arms-firm ride with no wallow affect when taking bends at speed =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom