2014 vito eml and limping along

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jord

Car
vito
Hi, I have had a issue on my van for what seems ages, the van has a intermittent fault. When you drive it on lower fuel tank it seems to run better and the eml goes out, until you put your foot down. I had a mobile guy do some work to it and he replaced the seals on the chuffing injectors and new bolts. He did a live read and it had fault code 0087 come up for low fuel pressure. He has since said its best to replace the intank pump as he thinks it's this, yet a different guy said its more likely the quantity control valve. I'm not in to fix it myself so looking for a local as possible indy that can diag and repair near the poole dorset area. Any help would be great and thanks for reading the waffle.

It could also be a leaking off injector etc.

Its lack of high fuel pressure that is causing the issue probably. This can be caused by: injectors, in tank pump, high pressure pump, quanity control valve etc. It needs proper diagnosis with a Star.

It could also be a leaking off injector etc.

Its lack of high fuel pressure that is causing the issue probably. This can be caused by: injectors, in tank pump, high pressure pump, quanity control valve etc. It needs proper diagnosis with a Star.
Thanks for the reply, yeah I know it could be anything, why I asked if any one knew a local indy? I'm not into fixing it just a recommendation close to dorset. If not will have to go to merc in poole I guess.

Last edited:
Take it to Star Tech next to Makro on the Creekmore Industrial Estate.
I've used them before on my E55 and they are a decent outfit with MB trained techs.

If they are booked too far ahead, this guy was a great alternative in Corfe Mullen.

Thanks for that, star tech haven't got back to me been a few days so maybe soon. Second one only does cars not vans. Will have to take it on the chin and send it in to main dealer merc in poole.

Just incase anyone is interested, I couldn't find a local indy that could help in good time. So I booked in with a main dealer. Before I went I thought I would change the new but 2 year old filter as it stood over covid and wasn't a mb part, and boom its perfect now. Cheers anyway guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom