2014 W204 C63 upgrading to android/apple car play.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dunncb

Car
C63 2 B
I'm now the proud owner of a cherished C63.

I'm considering upgrading the current factory fitted stereo to a new stereo with android/apple car play... you know the ones I'm talking about right?

A fitting kit (£120) is required but I have concerns that once fitted it will cause interference with any existing media or controls.

I'd rather keep the existing stereo if a new one will jeopardise any other functions so I'm reaching out to you guys for advice...

Has anyone made this upgrade in a 2014 W204 C63? Was it fitted without issues? Any warnings, hints or tips I should be aware off?

Thanks

Comand UK can supply an aftermarket kit that will add both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to your existing COMAND Online NTG4.5 Gen 3 (aka NTG4.7) infotainment unit:

Another alternative is a 10.25" Android unit that fits instead of the standard screen. It's an add-on, so the original COMAND unit can still be used. Search on YouTube for 'W204 10.25" Android', there are many suppliers for this kit.

The Android 10.25" offers additional functionality, but the non-original screen is not to everyone's liking. In contrast, the aftermarket Apple CarPlay is hidden from sight and the car still looks 100% original. On a C63, I suspect that a 10.25" unit stuck on the dash won't do it any favours come resell time, though.

Last edited:
Comand UK can supply an aftermarket kit that will add both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to your existing COMAND Online NTG4.5 Gen 3 (aka NTG4.7) infotainment unit:

Another alternative is a 10.25" Android unit that fits instead of the standard screen. It's an add-on, so the original COMAND unit can still be used. Search on YouTube for 'W204 10.25" Android', there are many suppliers for this kit.

The Android 10.25" offers additional functionality, but the non-original screen is not to everyone's liking. In contrast, the aftermarket Apple CarPlay is hidden from sight and the car still looks 100% original. On a C63, I suspect that a 10.25" unit stuck on the dash won't do it any favours come resell time, though.
And this is why I am here.

Thanks Mark, much appreciated.

Hi there,

I did the 10.25 inch Android screen replacement and I’m thoroughly happy with the results. I did get it fitted professionally though. Makes the car seem much more modern when you’re inside.

Works fine with all the existing buttons in the car and adds touchscreen too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom