2014 - W205 - C220 BlueTEC Sport - Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonoF1amg

Car
Mercedes C220 BlueTEC Sport
Hi,

I have the sports model is it normal for the ride to be quite hard?

My tyre pressures are around 250 Kpa would reducing the pressures make a difference?

Does tyre wear have any effect on the ride I have Nexens on the front and Conteinentals on the rear.

Should having it in economy or comfort make a difference to the suspension?

Any feedback would be appreciated on how to get a better ride.

Thanks

Jon

My daughter has a C220d Sport edition estate, with 17" rims and I'd describe the ride as firm rather than hard. It's positively soft compared to our C250d AMG Line estate with 19" rims.

As for tyre pressures, sticking with the recommended values is probably best IMHO.

Tyre pressure most certainly does impact on ride quality. You are running 36 PSI. Is that the recommended pressure on the filler flap ? The minimum recommended pressures stated on the back of the fuel filler flap are for a load of 3 people and some luggage. Unless you are carrying more load there is no need to use higher pressures.

It's risky to run substantially lower pressures than the minimum recommended but if I'm carrying less than 3 people and luggage then personally I reduce the pressures by 5 % which is less than 2 PSI but even that reduction does produce an improvement in the ride.

Some tyres ride better than others even at the same pressures. When it comes time to change look at tyre reviews that comment on ride quality.

Tyre wear reduces noise and rolling resistance but to my knowledge has no significant impact on ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom