2014 W212 E Class AMG Sport Estate - iPod query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveBless

Car
V70 Volvo 2009, and C180 1.8 petrol CGi 2011
Hi
I have a iPod touch 1st generation that works perfectly with the interface cable in the glove box. This has the 30 pin apple connection.
I have recently bought a 6th generation iPod touch that has the lightening connection. Has anyone managed to get this iPod type (lightening connection) to work using the official Apple 30 pin to 8 pin adaptor. I bought a cheap copy of the connector but it does not recognise the iPod. Thought it was worth a try as it was not a lot of money. But it does not work on any docking station I have either. Just wondered if anyone has used the official Apple connector 30 pin to 8 pin (lightening) and it worked for you.
Bluetooth works but volume is low and I have to turn the volume up to nearly full on the car. Even though its full on the iPod. The options with bluetooth are not very good either. I can't scroll through albums etc.

..... and wait till it starts doing this as well
Boyd

Just wondered if anyone has used the official Apple connector 30 pin to 8 pin (lightening) and it worked for you.
Yes, the genuine Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter works perfectly with the Mercedes Media Interface.

Yes, the genuine Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter works perfectly with the Mercedes Media Interface.
I have bought the adapter, but does not work on a 64gb 6th gen iPod touch. It is the genuine apple adapter as well.
May have to buy a different iPod. I have the 16gb iPod touch 1st gen in the car and its perfect. Just not enough storage for what I am wanting.

Very strange.

My iPhone 12 Pro works perfectly in Angie's SLK 55 (NTG 4,7) with the Apple converter so I see no reason why it wouldn’t work with a Gen 6 iPod.

However, thinking back to when we first got the car, initially it didn’t work with an iPhone 7. ISTR connection resulted in a “Device not recognised” sort of message and the phone would charge but not communicate via the cable. I did a system reset on the COMAND headset and that cured it, and it has since worked fine with all subsequent versions of iPhone. Maybe worth a try?

Very strange.

My iPhone 12 Pro works perfectly in Angie's SLK 55 (NTG 4,7) with the Apple converter so I see no reason why it wouldn’t work with a Gen 6 iPod.

However, thinking back to when we first got the car, initially it didn’t work with an iPhone 7. ISTR connection resulted in a “Device not recognised” sort of message and the phone would charge but not communicate via the cable. I did a system reset on the COMAND headset and that cured it, and it has since worked fine with all subsequent versions of iPhone. Maybe worth a try?
Yes it charges the iPod. Not sure how to do a reset, never heard of that one. I have even tried MP3s on a stick. Tracks with album pic ok but the tracks seem to get out of order if there are over 10. seems like it can't recognise multiple tracks and keep their order and track number. I have named correctly in iTunes by the way. Any album under 10 tracks is perfect. I think I have NTG 4.5 (2014 E Class Estate 250cdi AMG Sport). Can this version be reset?. I don't use my iPhone for music. Just iPods. Maybe I need a 30pin type iPod but large capacity. Should be able to sell the iPod touch 6 gen fairly easy.

Can this version be reset?
From memory (dangerous!) its an option in the System menu on the COMAND system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom