2015 A Class space saver dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skyechalklymaber

Car
A200 Sport CDI
Hello, I'm a new MB owner having invested in a 2015 A200 last week (I'm very excited and already enjoying it). I have a dilemma having discovered (pre purchase) that not only does it not come with a space saver wheel, it doesn't really look like it has space for one in the compartment below the boot floor.

I've been looking into whether it's worth investing in a spare wheel (I commute 70 miles a day so the prospect of a flat at either end of the day doesn't fill me with great joy) and am trying to determine whether a collapsible wheel is an option for this model - if so, whether even that would fit in the below boot floor compartment?

Does anyone have experience with this or gone down the route? My wheels are 17" - I have found space saver alloys (not collapsible though) for my model. There are various wheels on ebay that are 17" but marketed as for a C class - if the wheel's the same size, is it transferrable or will the wheel nut spacings/something else be different?

Clocking 20,000 miles a year I'm hesitant about relying solely on the foam canister - but don't really want the main boot space taken up with a spare wheel (of any kind!)

Any input or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Skye

I had the same dilemma with my previous 2 c class, bought spacesaver, it just sat on boot floor tethered to keep it in place. Same issue with my current GLC, bought spacesaver but this one fits under boot floor.

Hello, I'm a new MB owner having invested in a 2015 A200 last week (I'm very excited and already enjoying it). I have a dilemma having discovered (pre purchase) that not only does it not come with a space saver wheel, it doesn't really look like it has space for one in the compartment below the boot floor.

I've been looking into whether it's worth investing in a spare wheel (I commute 70 miles a day so the prospect of a flat at either end of the day doesn't fill me with great joy) and am trying to determine whether a collapsible wheel is an option for this model - if so, whether even that would fit in the below boot floor compartment?

Does anyone have experience with this or gone down the route? My wheels are 17" - I have found space saver alloys (not collapsible though) for my model. There are various wheels on ebay that are 17" but marketed as for a C class - if the wheel's the same size, is it transferrable or will the wheel nut spacings/something else be different?

Clocking 20,000 miles a year I'm hesitant about relying solely on the foam canister - but don't really want the main boot space taken up with a spare wheel (of any kind!)

Any input or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Skye

I wonder when the Spare Wheel Cavity was removed? :dk:

My 2014 A220 Facelift had it! (No Spacesaver, just the Inflation/Gloop) I was surprised how much stuff you could get in the Cavity!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom