2015 C200 Estate Boot Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graeme81

Car
Pending
Hi All,
I’ve just picked up a C200 estate on 2015 plate. It’s a very nice car but has the indication on the dash that a bulb is out.
I’ve checked all round and found the only ones not working are the 2 courtesy lights when I lift the tailgate. They are LED’s and it seems unlikely that both would not be faulty. I tried to check for a voltage on the connector and don’t read anything of importance.
Everything else seems to work fine. Has anyone else seen this issue.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Cheers
Graeme

I too have recently purchased a 2015 S205 C200 estate & had the same issue with the Led courtesy lights in the load area not coming on. I finally worked out it was because the automatic interior light control in the overhead console was in the off position. It needs to be flush with the overhead console when on. Not sure if this is your problem but it might be worth checking that the switch is indeed in the on position.

I too have recently purchased a 2015 S205 C200 estate & had the same issue with the Led courtesy lights in the load area not coming on. I finally worked out it was because the automatic interior light control in the overhead console was in the off position. It needs to be flush with the overhead console when on. Not sure if this is your problem but it might be worth checking that the switch is indeed in the on position.
Thanks Gallon. Just went out to the car, pushed the button that I hadn’t even noticed before and it was like the sun rising. ALL of the interior lights came on, including the boot loading area.
Thanks for that, I had never even noticed the courtesy lights weren’t coming on when I opened the door

However, I still have the malfunction code on the dash, so maybe I need to visit MB to ask them.

Thanks for the advice

No worries, good to hear an easy fix. Your dash warning is a bit strange, whenever I've had a bulb out it has always stated which bulb is causing the problem. So can't help you with that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom