2015 CLS Shooting Brake Sagging suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

legsrgv

Car
2015 cls shooting brake
Hi all, so I own a 2015 CLS 220 bluetec with 44k miles , it has the rear self levelling suspension not the airmatic, just recently I have seen the rear suspension sagging quite badly, I have had both rear wheels of and checked airbags and air lines, no leaks at all, the compressor and manifold appear ok with no leaks, on further inspection I have found that both sides are losing 1mm every 15 seconds when shutdown, when I start the car the compressor kicks straight in and inflates the airbags, I carried out same test with engine running and results where the same 1mm drop every 15 seconds, all I can think it could be is the Manifold, does this make sense, on the self levelling suspension I think this is the only common part for both airbags to allow them to lose air at the same time, thanks for your time everyone

This is often caused by leaking pipes or bellows or both. We almost do them daily its so common.

Thanks for your reply, it wasn't the bellows, I cannot hear a leak but the driver's side bellow went down quickest so I changed that, however on putting the car on the floor there is a definite air leak on the non driver's side around the bellows, hssss quite loudly so I've ordered the bellows for that side, nothing else it can be, I've been around all the airlines with leak detector and no leaks,,,,,, hopefully this is it,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom