Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Minior changes to front bumper and headlights:

1272674109999234920.jpg

2061116644642380719.jpg

Also, check the W205 in the forground:
1448429009347681778.jpg

this should also apply to CLS coupe as it shares the same front as the SB

That's a bit quick for either, the coupe has only been out two years and the shooting brake a few months.

What DM says. Very rapid indeed.

That's a bit quick for either, the coupe has only been out two years and the shooting brake a few months.
Judging by the finance offers available, and comments made by a salesman I trust at my local dealership, the CLS hasn't been a good seller so far. It's pitched at a significant premium over the E-Class and it would seem that the number of purchasers who are willing to pay that premium is small. Maybe the minor facelift is in an effort to stimulate sales?

Shame, because it's still a nice car :(

Its not a full facelift, virtually all MBs have minor tweaks after a couple of years

Last edited:
st13phil said:
Judging by the finance offers available, and comments made by a salesman I trust at my local dealership, the CLS hasn't been a good seller so far. It's pitched at a significant premium over the E-Class and it would seem that the number of purchasers who are willing to pay that premium is small. Maybe the minor facelift is in an effort to stimulate sales?

Shame, because it's still a nice car :(

Agree, shame they aren't selling more!

Means less examples will be available to the used purchaser at 4yo which will probably push up the cost.

Might have to rethink my Cls SB plans!

The CLA has been described as a shrunk down CLS. Looking and those photographs the latest 2015 CLS looks like a scaled up CLA with that new style grille.

Don't know if I like it or not for the 2015 CLS, I do like the new CLA much more so than the revised A Class.

Either way... no way near as pretty as the W219 CLS to my eye.

I'll keep an eye on this one.

I'm guessing W218 CLS owners maybe doing a grille upgrade to the latest style.

S.

With this face lift the front end looks too small for the substantial mid and rear, do not like

With this face lift the front end looks too small for the substantial mid and rear, do not like

Exactly what I was thinking, pin head with a fat ass. It'll look very strange directly head on with that amount of bonnet in view...proportions will be almost van like!

bit like an R class *shudder*

(apols to R class owners..)

2078046523390957273.jpg

950851071131975891.jpg

19326725101778227506.jpg

601990858490037072.jpg

16678591761272050417.jpg

1219483127309814725.jpg

Interestingly it doesn't appear to have a rear wiper.

Having just swopped my S350 Bluetec for a 218 CLS Shooting Brake, I can confirm that they don't appear to be flying off the shelf. Having secured a massive discount, bringing the price closer to the equivalent E class estate & after taking delivery of what I thought was factory fresh, the car turned out to have been in storage probably for at least 9 months waiting for a purchaser. I had a few issues caused by this, which thankfully were 100% resolved by the dealer, beautiful car by the way & yet to see another on the road. Having seen the pics of the facelift front end, it looks like MB have imported the gaping mouth grille from the face lifted E Class, it doesn't help the CLS to stand out from the corporate norm

Just following on from previous comments regarding the styling of the station wagon & those that think it resembles a hearse, if you sit in the back, with its high belt line, in a vehicle specced with black leather and black headlining, with "privacy glass" from the "B" pillar back, then it's like sitting in a coffin. Incidently, can anyone explain the craze for "privacy glass" Every manufacturer from Hyundai through Honda to the premium end of the market has fallen for this strange demand from the consumer. As a comedian once said, "perhaps they don't want people seeing their ugly kids" and in the CLS it sure does make a big vehicle feel confined. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, don't knock the shooting brake because it stands out from the corporate rep-mobiles, MB should be applauded for daring to be different and I think it carries on the design cues of the much imitated original CLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom