2015 E220 coupe dashboard rattling noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Savo1990

Car
2015 E220 CDI coupe AMG sport
Hello everyone. For the last couple of weeks i noticed a strange noise coming from the passenger side. I think it is coming from the dashboard. I tried to push several points but i couldn't find where it is exactly coming from. The rattles is triggered every time i am doing a ''slow acceleration'' and goes away when it goes above 3500 rpm.

Any ideas what it could be? The car is around 17000 miles, so its not that old for starting to make noises.

Thank you

Mine also rattles during slow acceleration but it sounds like it's coming from the rear and the noise stops after about 2000rpm. I had the same noise in my 2011 coupe, it's the exact same noise in my current 2013 coupe and was also present in a 2016 coupe I had as a courtesy car.

Spent ages trying to find the source of the noise, got a bit better after putting felt tape on the isofix points behind the rear headrests but it's not completely gone and have given up trying to fix it.

Have you had any work done to the car?

I had an E300 Hybrid which developed a rattle following a replacement GPS aerial.

I eventually traced it to the A pillar, lots of sticky back felt fixed it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you had any work done to the car?

I had an E300 Hybrid which developed a rattle following a replacement GPS aerial.

The only work on the car was to replace a faulty NOx sensor on the exhaust system like 6 months ago.

I've got the same on my '14 E220cdi Coupe. Seems to be coming from nearside dashboard, although I realise the source could be elsewhere. Is like a low-pitched vibration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom