2015 E350 Cdi AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smw

Car
W140 S500
Hello guys. I was on here a while back hoping to find a really nice E55 but nothing ever really came up. Since then my priorities have somewhat changed and I've grown a slightly more sensible head. There is an absolutely gorgeous E350 for sale just down the road from me. I will post the link. If anyone knows anything about the car or whether it's prices correctly I'd be pleased to hear your thoughts. I am a MB novice and this would be the most amount of money I've ever spent on a car so I want to make sure I'm spending it wisely. I love the look of the car and hope to view it tomorrow.

Thanks for your time guys.

Steve.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader.
2015 Blue MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS 3.0 CDI BlueTEC AMG Line (Premium) 9G-Tronic Plus 5dr for sale for £19990 in Hinckley, Leicestershire

Download the app to find your perfect car.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...onsumersearch&referrer=utm_source=App%20Share

Looks a nice car with a lovely engine. However is it a tad ‘hearse’ like in terms of looks?

Looks lovely

Is the ATF due a change (others will know)?
If so get that and the sat nav maps updated as part of any price agreed

Does look nice though with decent history, MOT etc

Not due till 77k miles or 5 years if 7G Plus transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service history is good but be aware/prepared that it will likely need a big service next time around and the parts are not cheap. Plus, it has the 9 speed gearbox and they are pretty expensive to do a change on too. I think (the WIS system is as clear as mud on this) that it wont need a gearbox oil change until 77,500 or thereabouts. But I am not techy enough to know the exact gearbox it has in without a data card. It is just an educated guess from a bored receptionist eating popcorn for lunch...what could go wrong...:confused:

Natacha

I'm ready to be shot down in flames here, but the 9g box came with the newer model, with the ipad type screen in the dashboard, so this may have the 7G box. Having a run down the road in it will tell, but you seem to have to be doing about 80 for it to change into 9th gear.

Close
VRM: SH15WSN
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Model: E Class
Engine Size Description: 3.0
Exact CC: 2987
Vehicle Year: 2015
Spec Des: E 350 BlueTEC 9G-Tronic Plus
Manufacturer Version Code: W212 (Saloon) S212 (Estate)
Vehicle Type: Car
Derivative: AMG Line Premium
Colour: BLUE
Steering Position: Right Hand Drive
Body Style: Estate
Doors: 5 Doors
Drive Type: Rear
Transmission Type: Tiptronic Automatic
Gears: 9 Gears
Engine Size: 27
Fuel: Diesel
Fuel Delivery: Turbo
Valves: 24 Valves
BHP: 258
KW: 190
Engine Code: 642852
Cylinders: 6 Cylinders
Weight: 2550kg
VIN: WDD2122262B162497
Engine Number: 64285241683854
Date Of Registration: 16/03/2015
Engine Size Litres: 3
Dvla Model: E350 AMG LINE BLUETEC PREM A
Vehicle Id: 147153
Dvla Make: MERCEDES-BENZ

Reactions: Smw
Friend of mine has an E350CDI and you can hardly tell it is a diesel, especially when cruising. It does something like 1400rpm at 70mph.

6 months ago I got a 2014 E250 CDI AMG Sport estate from a Mercedes dealer with 70k fsh etc warranty and they serviced it for £15k I wanted a 350 but more tax and insurance and more fuel lol.

I hadn't taken the gearbox into consideration tbh. A good friend of mine is a very competent mechanic so I've asked him if it would be something he'd be OK doing. I can't decide if this car is quite 'cheap' or if the sellers asking almost the same money for cars several years older are crazy. Perhaps they don't depriciate much more for a while? I have little to no idea about it all tbh.

Close
VRM: SH15WSN
Make: Mercedes-Benz
Model: E Class
Engine Size Description: 3.0
Exact CC: 2987
Vehicle Year: 2015
Spec Des: E 350 BlueTEC 9G-Tronic Plus
Manufacturer Version Code: W212 (Saloon) S212 (Estate)
Vehicle Type: Car
Derivative: AMG Line Premium
Colour: BLUE
Steering Position: Right Hand Drive
Body Style: Estate
Doors: 5 Doors
Drive Type: Rear
Transmission Type: Tiptronic Automatic
Gears: 9 Gears
Engine Size: 27
Fuel: Diesel
Fuel Delivery: Turbo
Valves: 24 Valves
BHP: 258
KW: 190
Engine Code: 642852
Cylinders: 6 Cylinders
Weight: 2550kg
VIN: WDD2122262B162497
Engine Number: 64285241683854
Date Of Registration: 16/03/2015
Engine Size Litres: 3
Dvla Model: E350 AMG LINE BLUETEC PREM A
Vehicle Id: 147153
Dvla Make: MERCEDES-BENZ
What app did you use to get this info?

It looks identical to mine although I have a 14 plate with 7G and it doesn’t have adaptive lights. I love it, but black does remain dirty, all the time.

While it was in the garage for bodywork repairs I was given this ‘fresh whip’ (according to my eldest) which had all the toys and the 220 engine.

a03e401c8d4b96353b629a13f64439a8.jpg

I must admit it was a lovely car to have for the week, but it’s great to be back in my 350. You don’t have to think about changing to sport mode before swiftly making progress, it’s just there all the time. I hardly use sports mode in mine, economy is more than enough.

The only things I’ll miss are the memory seats, reversing camera and pano roof on the C.

I have the same engine/gearbox combination in the GLE. You would be hard pressed to find a better performance/refinement/economy balance.
The 9 speed 'box it the best auto I have driven bar none. I have never felt it caught out by any road situation. I love the glide mode gives added refinement and economy.
The E (or CLS) estate is the one I would choose if my wife hadn't been brought up in Land and Range Rovers and needs to 'see over the hedges' :rolleyes:

PS. Love the colour scheme! reminds me of my E estate from a dozen years ago:cool:

220 at Snett.jpg

But I think the blue is now called 'Caravansite' ...or similar.

The OP's potential purchase is very similar to my car - mines a later 2015 and premium plus, but exactly the same colour way inside. The 9G box is really nice - hard to tell when its changing gear, and it pulls something like 60mph/1000 rpm in top gear, so cruising is ridiculously relaxed. Best feature for me are the full spec ILS headlights - they automatically adjust for range/speed, go round corners, and the shuttering to avoid dazzling other vehicles is a wonder to behold. The 3 litre V6 diesel has been around for a while now and is very smooth and well sorted. Had mine for 3 years and 55k miles so far, and planning to add much more to both of those numbers! When I bought mine, I was aware that the new S213 wasn't far away. But I like the shape of this later S212, and chose to buy a late run car where everything has shaken down and been sorted out rather than take the chance on an early run car where there may still be glitches to work through (though I think the S213 has in practice turned out to be excellent as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom