2015 E350 Speakers / EQ ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Muppetz

Car
2015 E350 AMG Night Premium in Black
Hi all,

I've just returned back to the MB fold with a 2015 E350 AMG Night Premium which I'm mostly really happy with :)

The only thing that I'm dissapointed with so far is the sound quality, I have the Comand system, and have tried adjusting the treble/ mid / base - but hte sound just lacks something.

I've read that there should be a hidden engineer menu with access to an EQ - but I can't seem to get into it with 1 3 hash - I'ved tried holiding all 3 for up to 20 seconds, with the engine on / off etc - no joy :/

Is there a different way to access that menu (and will it help) or should I be looking to replace some speakers perhaps ?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong trying to get into the engineering menu ?

If your car is fitted with an NTG5 head unit, I'm not sure anyone knows how to access Engineering Mode :dk:

If your car is fitted with an NTG5 head unit, I'm not sure anyone knows how to access Engineering Mode :dk:

Ah, I guess that must be it then - that puts me back to looking for some replacement speakers I guess !

Thanks for the reply

I was sitting in mine this morning getting used to the new software and was thinking how good the standard sound system is.

I have had cars with upgraded systems but cannot say hand on heart they were worth the extra outlay.

But of course sound is a very personal thing and I would be interested to hear your thoughts on any upgrades you do.

My worry is that once the standard fittings are messed with for instance door cards off etc. Is that you could end up with rattles and creaks.

That said the E350 engine is beautifully smooth and quiet.

I was sitting in mine this morning getting used to the new software and was thinking how good the standard sound system is.

I have had cars with upgraded systems but cannot say hand on heart they were worth the extra outlay.

But of course sound is a very personal thing and I would be interested to hear your thoughts on any upgrades you do.

My worry is that once the standard fittings are messed with for instance door cards off etc. Is that you could end up with rattles and creaks.

That said the E350 engine is beautifully smooth and quiet.

The car is lovely, the engine is a real peach :)

The sound just seems a bit hollow, missing middle, and seems to be eminating more from the door than the centre of the car I guess - I'm getting used to it though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom