2015 E400 Cabrio - no FM only radio in COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexR1

Car
2016 Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe
Although MB online guides say my COMAND system should have the options of "FM only" and "FM / DAB" however mine doesn't have the option of FM only. The problem is that DAB signal is unreliable in Whitstable and the sound keeps cutting out...

Anyone else not got option of FM only in their 2015 COMAND?

My E300 is the same. DAB reception is appalling but is the only default option.
The only way I can figure out to listen to FM is to go to Radio menu, select Options and DAB/FM frequency Selection, then key in the FM frequency of the station you want.

Problem then is that FM reception is also appalling. Marginally better than DAB but not much. I live towards the outer limit of coverage for my local BBC station, although in previous cars this has never been a problem. With my new £40,000+ luxury car I find myself in the ludicrous situation of having to listen to my chosen radio station in AM, with all the hisses and crackles that entail.

DAB is a know issue on E Classes. It's unusable in our car and as a result I'm waiting for a new aerial to be fitted on the roof. The part has been ordered.

Take the issue up with your dealers, they have bulletins about the problems.

When you're listening to the radio, at the bottom of the screen you will see something that says DAB (assuming you listening to DAB!), it is a drop down menu with FM/MW/SW/LW/DAB on it

Should be able to select FM there. Once FM is selected you should get a load of station names shown on the screen. If you are not, then you have an antenna fault most likely.

Richard

No such drop down menu on 2015 E400 (I had it on my 2012 C350...)

No as it's an E-Class... You can go into options and either get it to automatically switch to FM if DAB signal deteriorates (trouble is, it doesn't do it quickly enough so it cuts-out for a second or two) or you can select "analogue only" (I.e. FM) as the backup but as soon as you change the station or turn off the ignition, it reverts to DAB again. All very annoying!

DAB is a know issue on E Classes. It's unusable in our car and as a result I'm waiting for a new aerial to be fitted on the roof. The part has been ordered.

Take the issue up with your dealers, they have bulletins about the problems.

Hi I have been trying to highlight to my local MB dealer that there are known issues with DAB in E400 that are not wholly signal strength related. Do you have details of the bulletins about problems that you refer to? Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom