2015 E63 tuning , thoughts on GAD tuning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sustanon250

Car
2013 Cayman & 2014 C63AMG & 2015 E63AMG estate
I'm after de-cat downpipe and remap ? Most people on here seem to use MSL but it's a bit of a trip for me and wanted to know if anyone here has used GAD tuning , any feedback good/bad would be appreciated !

Also , anyone with the 5.5 biturbo lump that has had this done, what's the difference like ? It's already pretty rapid ....

GAD is a sponsor on the other side and have good reviews

Before and after dyno on the day is a must - can GAD offer this?

Before and after dyno on the day is a must - can GAD offer this?

I think they were in the process of getting one installed

I'm after de-cat downpipe and remap ? Most people on here seem to use MSL but it's a bit of a trip for me

Make the trip. Seriously, just do it. They have a wealth of experience and are main dealers for both Weistec and Eurocharged. Another thing is that if anything goes wrong when mapping, it will be sorted out without hassle.

and wanted to know if anyone here has used GAD tuning , any feedback good/bad would be appreciated !

I personally couldn't recommend them as I've never dealt with them. Apparently they did an E63 a while ago, though the write up on it (on the other forum) was poached directly from the Weistec catalogue and defied logic as some of the alleged parts used contradicted other stuff. Figures were quoted, yet they don't have a dyno, and the car immediately disappeared before anyone actually saw it. :dk: Theoretically it should have been the first UK car to be fitted with bigger turbos though, as nobody has seen it, I'm not convinced, so will claim that title myself. Not the first to be done, a Russian beat me to that, but the only UK car I'm aware of...

Also , anyone with the 5.5 biturbo lump that has had this done, what's the difference like ? It's already pretty rapid ....

Yep, been there, done that. Weistec downpipes and originally a Weistec map. ECU had to be sent over to the US at the time mine was done as no-one in the UK had fathomed out how to get into them then. MSL now offer custom maps, or will fit you a standard Weistec or Eurocharged one.

It makes the car a lot louder, but a small price to pay for the massive increase in power and torque in particular. Mine went up to around 700bhp and nearly 900ft/lbs. Worth mentioning that if you've not got a limited slip diff then you'll really struggle to put the power down, This was the first thing I did with mine incidentally.

To be honest if I was in your position I'd look at just a map first. I know a few guys who are getting over 700 horses with just this done. Once you start though, it gets a bit addictive. One or two here will agree with this last bit. :cool:

Make the trip. Seriously, just do it. They have a wealth of experience and are main dealers for both Weistec and Eurocharged. Another thing is that if anything goes wrong when mapping, it will be sorted out without hassle.

I personally couldn't recommend them as I've never dealt with them. Apparently they did an E63 a while ago, though the write up on it (on the other forum) was poached directly from the Weistec catalogue and defied logic as some of the alleged parts used contradicted other stuff. Figures were quoted, yet they don't have a dyno, and the car immediately disappeared before anyone actually saw it. :dk: Theoretically it should have been the first UK car to be fitted with bigger turbos though, as nobody has seen it, I'm not convinced, so will claim that title myself. Not the first to be done, a Russian beat me to that, but the only UK car I'm aware of...

Yep, been there, done that. Weistec downpipes and originally a Weistec map. ECU had to be sent over to the US at the time mine was done as no-one in the UK had fathomed out how to get into them then. MSL now offer custom maps, or will fit you a standard Weistec or Eurocharged one.

It makes the car a lot louder, but a small price to pay for the massive increase in power and torque in particular. Mine went up to around 700bhp and nearly 900ft/lbs. Worth mentioning that if you've not got a limited slip diff then you'll really struggle to put the power down, This was the first thing I did with mine incidentally.

To be honest if I was in your position I'd look at just a map first. I know a few guys who are getting over 700 horses with just this done. Once you start though, it gets a bit addictive. One or two here will agree with this last bit. :cool:

Great post - thank you :rock:

I'm definitely after some more noise , hence the downpipe !

MSL are the only people I would use.

Honestly the knowledge and experience is worth it alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom