2015 E63, very smokey after remap and no SOS warning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sustanon250

Car
2013 Cayman & 2014 C63AMG & 2015 E63AMG estate
Since having a decat downpipe and remap my E63 is VERY smokey at idle (even when warm!) , is this normal for a decatted car ?

From memory, my decatted GT-R wasnt smokey at idle !

Also , every time I start the car since being mapped I get a warning on the dash saying "no SOS available "

Any info appreciated !

For what its worth , since the map and downpipe my E63 is insanely FAST !

Last edited:
Mine smokes a fair bit after revving and on the overrun. Not noticeably on idle.

Yep, mine's a bit smoky too. Nothing to worry about, just the stuff which would usually get absorbed by the cats is now coming straight out into the atmosphere.

Which downpipes did you go for by the way?

Oh, and as for the SOS thing not being available, mine's been that way for ages. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. Possibly just a coincidence that you've only just noticed it. I can't remember what the fix was, it may have involved a main dealer, though I never bothered with it.

The M157 engine does drink a bit of oil which has to go somewhere - hence the smoke.

Keep an eye on the oil consumption if you're concerned. Both mine have consumed it at the rate of about 1 litre per 5k miles.

Cheers guys ! Nothing to worry about then :thumb:

I have the Rado downpipe.

Performance gain is INSANE , will happily spin the wheels at 100 :devil:

Not the same car but my remapped C63 is very smoky too and much worse in the cold.

Not the same car but my remapped C63 is very smoky too and much worse in the cold.

Not wanting to threadjack, but a good map (aftermarket) shouldn't smoke any worse than the original manufacture map. I realise that a decat may cause more smoke, but just a map?

Mine is very smokey at the moment in traffic just condensation/steam a lot of it I'm putting it down to

What power is your gtr running and how do you think it compares

Not wanting to threadjack, but a good map (aftermarket) shouldn't smoke any worse than the original manufacture map. I realise that a decat may cause more smoke, but just a map?

Don't think it's any better without the remap.

Do you actually mean smoke, or is it condenstion. I wouldn't expect a remapped car to be smoking visibly at idle unless something is wrong. Is the smoke black/grey, blue or white?. If it is blue, then it needs to be checked out because oil is getting
combust ed, which it shouldn't be.

Do you actually mean smoke, or is it condenstion. I wouldn't expect a remapped car to be smoking visibly at idle unless something is wrong. Is the smoke black/grey, blue or white?. If it is blue, then it needs to be checked out because oil is getting
combust ed, which it shouldn't be.

+1

Water vapour is a product of the combustion process, and it's more visible during cooler ambient temperatures as the water condenses when it reaches cool air. Bigger engines produce more water vapour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom