2015 E63amg tyre dilema

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sustanon250

Car
2013 Cayman & 2014 C63AMG & 2015 E63AMG estate
Just found a big screw in a front tyre , gutted as the car has only covered 5k miles and there is loads of tread left :doh:

I've found the standard tyre for sale at just over £130 (bargain! ), but before I order I was wondering if anyone had tried other brands on the E63 ? I'm a big fan of the Pilot Supersports (best road tyre I've tried) although reviews tend to be mixed on heavier cars like ours .

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s47...Eff_:_E_Wet_Grip:_B_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_73dB

Is it in a place that means it can't be repaired?

It could be repaired, just not sure I'm comfortable doing 180+ with a repaired tyre

I've had repairs in the past, however, you'd need to satisfy yourself that you were happy with it.

Will you be doing 180mph before the current tyre needs replacing due to tread wear? If not, it's win win.

I've had repairs in the past, however, you'd need to satisfy yourself that you were happy with it.

Will you be doing 180mph before the current tyre needs replacing due to tread wear? If not, it's win win.

Probably on the way home from MSL after its been mapped :bannana:

Have you tried different tyres on yours?

Probably on the way home from MSL after its been mapped :bannana:

Have you tried different tyres on yours?

I'm running Goodyear Assymetric 2's all round and I like them - nice and quiet too.

The new version of the P Zero is working well on my car.

The new version of the P Zero is working well on my car.
That's interesting. How can one tell if a P Zero is "new version", as my experience with the P Zero's that were factory fitted on my late 2014-build E63, and those I had on my pre-facelift car before that, was that they were less than stellar?

I'm running Goodyear Assymetric 2's all round and I like them - nice and quiet too.
Hmm. Didn't know you were running the Goodyear's, John. What sort of wear life are you getting? I'm minded to try out the Asymmetric 3's when I go back to summer tyres next year.

I like 'em Phil, and have used them on the last two cars, though I've found availability issues with the 285 rears.

Mileage - who knows - but not a lot, I expect, as they are quite soft.

I treat tyres like fuel and road tax, which means I don't look (though I always record "fit and replaced" mileages), so I can report back.

The 3's are out now, so there will be review around.

Last edited:
Thanks John. I tend to get around 13k miles out of either Conti 5P's or the wretched P-Zero's on my E63.

FWIW, the guys at WIM have had very good initial reports from customers who have recently swapped from the Asymmetric 2 to Asymmetric 3, but no one so far on an E63 :cool:

Apologies as I can't help with tyre advice, but will take note for when I need a set. What power gains are you expecting from MSL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Apologies as I can't help with tyre advice, but will take note for when I need a set. What power gains are you expecting from MSL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'd like to see 700bhp from software only, just debating whether to add Weistec de-cat downpipes, adds another £3k to the bill but I've read they also make a decent difference.

Not in any rush , just waiting for MSL to do a special offer :thumb:

Another one here with the Goodyear Asymmetric 2, at least on the rear. They don't last too long on mine, around 4 - 6,000 miles, which gives me the opportunity to try a few different ones out, and they've been the best in terms of grip so far...

Thanks John. I tend to get around 13k miles out of either Conti 5P's or the wretched P-Zero's on my E63.

Rears Phil????
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

You're not trying hard enough mate.
biggrin.gif

I'd like to see 700bhp from software only

c700bhp is certainly achievable by mapping, I know that one or two on here have gone this way and are more than happy with the results.

just debating whether to add Weistec de-cat downpipes, adds another £3k to the bill but I've read they also make a decent difference.

The downpipes don't add massively to the power, though increase the torque substantially. Are you sure about the price though? Weistec have them on offer at the moment though they still work out at more than £3k, and that's before you take shipping and fitting into account, the fitting alone took a full day on mine, though it was the first and therefore a guinea pig again. A good compromise may be a Rado set up with sports cats.

Not in any rush , just waiting for MSL to do a special offer :thumb:

Every day's a special day at MSL. :D

That's interesting. How can one tell if a P Zero is "new version", as my experience with the P Zero's that were factory fitted on my late 2014-build E63, and those I had on my pre-facelift car before that, was that they were less than stellar?

I don't actually know, but it's a new tyre from earlier this year. I guess a date mark showing a build date of mid 2016 onwards would work.

It gets good reviews everywhere. The New Pirelli P Zero Launched - Tyre Reviews

I got conti 5p and they are really good. I had P zero's and they were worse than rubbish.

I've had PS2's which were pretty decent too but not sure if you can get MPSS all round, fronts yes.

Also double check that price for weistec turbo back and downpipes, they worked out more than that last time I was looking too.

I got conti 5p and they are really good. I had P zero's and they were worse than rubbish.

I've had PS2's which were pretty decent too but not sure if you can get MPSS all round, fronts yes.

Also double check that price for weistec turbo back and downpipes, they worked out more than that last time I was looking too.

I like contis too , as I said in previous threads the Goodyears assimétrico 2 i run them in my van and I find them not a patch on the continental that I used to have fitted in the van before .

What size the ones you are planing to replace ? If you are going to sell them let me know please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom