2015 W246 Auto gearbox issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulKH

Car
2015 B Class CDI Auto
Hi folks, I've a niggling issue with my 2015 B class 180CDI auto. When started for the first time of the day the car judders to a halt when braking, almost like the clutch is not fully engaged, it happens for the first 10-15 mins of a journey and on one occasion has caused the car to stall, I'm getting concerned as I'm having to apply more braking effort to stop the car. It's worth pointing out that otherwise the gearbox is faultless, gear changes up and down the box are perfect and there hasn't been any warning lights on the dash to suggest a fault. It's hard to explain other than as you slow down under braking the car shudders to a halt.
Are there any members who've seen a similar issue that could steer me in the right direction?
:thumb:

Assuming you have the 7 speed DCT auto & you think that the drive is not dis-engaging properly when stopping?
The gearbox should dis-engage the drive completely, Getting it checked out by a dealer or an indy would be my first move;)

Hi Phill, yes it is the 7 speed DCT and you articulated the symptoms better than I, so yes it certainly feels like it's not fully disengaging when cold.

Hi Phill, yes it is the 7 speed DCT and you articulated the symptoms better than I, so yes it certainly feels like it's not fully disengaging when cold.

Very complex computer controlled automated manual gearbox, to work properly it relies on multiple sensor inputs. Definitely needs to go on Mercedes Star diagnostics to check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom