- Apr 11, 2019
- 2016 W212 E-Class Saloon SE
Two year Mercedes-Benz warranty!
First registered on the 1st March 2016. Purchased by me as an approved-used Mercedes-Benz from Mercedes-Benz of Leicester. Exceptionally clean example, full service history and always serviced on-time or early, 55,000 motorway miles, no short stop/start journeys. Two former keepers (Mercedes-Benz and the original owner) and now me.
Fully transferable two-year Inchcape Mercedes-Benz backed warranty which I’ll happily pay to be transferred to the new owner, guaranteeing hassle and worry free driving for two years.
Full Service history:
- Service 1 (Service A), 14th October 2016 – Mercedes-Benz of Leicester – 7,802 miles.
- Service 2 (Service B), 9th October 2017 – Mercedes-Benz of Tamworth – 17,703 miles.
- Service 3 (Service A), 24th October 2018 – Mercedes-Benz of Leicester – 28,632 miles.
- Service 4 (Service B), 8th October 2019 - MB of Darlington – 44,225 miles.
- The last service (service 4) included an early automatic gearbox transmission oil and filter change. The next service the car is asking for is an ‘A5 service’, due in 105 days.
Receipts, invoices and electronic service history have all been kept and are all available to view. As an approved used Mercedes I was fastidious on the cars condition before agreeing to buy it. Much to the annoyance of the dealer, before collection the car had:
- A new boot seal (slight tear where the previous owner looked to have caught it).
- All four alloy wheels refurbished (diamond cut/polished) @ Perfection Group Alloys in Leicester.
- All four tyres replaced with Mercedes Original Equipment (MOE) rated tyres, Hankook Ventus S1 Evo.
- USB port on the central armrest compartment replaced (one of the tabs was broken).
- A brand new replacement tyre inflation kit (the original was missing).
- The inclusion of a genuine Mercedes-Benz boot liner.
- A minor paint repair on a small scuff on the passenger side door mirror.
Shortly after collection the engine warning light illuminated. The car was driven straight to my nearest Mercedes-Benz dealer who diagnosed a faulty NOx sensor. The faulty sensor and another good sensor were replaced under warranty. The dealer confirmed the original sensors are well documented as being a common fault and have since been replaced with an improved version (I posted on this forum when it happened).
The satellite navigation was recently updated at Mercedes-Benz of Teeside at a cost of £155. The firmware was also updated allowing Apple Car Play / Android Auto to be installed if the new owner would like to (I didn't get round to it, the cost was approx. £300 at the time for the OBD upload, this is now closer to £150 last time I checked).
Just MOT’d before lockdown at Mercedes-Benz of York on the 25th March 2020, expiry date is 28th March 2021. Advisories on both rear tyres which are close to the legal limit and due for replacement.
Recent Bosch wiper blades fitted.
The car regularly achieves 55mpg with my sedate driving style. My daily commute takes me from my home in York to the office close to Durham up and down the A19 on the cruise control sat at 70mph.
Metallic Iridium Silver. There are some small stone chips on the front bumper, one on the drivers door handle, one above the fuel filler flap and a pinhead dent on the bottom of the passenger side front door, but I’ve kept on top of these touching them up regularly with a genuine Mercedes-Benz touch-up pen.
The private number plate is not included; the car will revert back to its original number plate: FL16 DLK (awaiting the new V5C from the DVLA to arrive). The car was fully machine polished and ceramic coated, including the inside of the wheels in 2019 at a cost of £680 by Max Car Care Ltd.
In addition to the standard specification this car has what were for me essential factory options:
- Intelligent Light System (ILS), full LED multibeam headlights, DRL and indicators, Adaptive High Beam Assist and cornering function. Having driven many cars with both xenon and LED headlights, these ones are on a different level, an absolute must for rural winter driving.
- Multicontour Drivers Seat – adjusts side bolsters, squab length, lumbar position (height and protrusion), extra adjustment using airbags controlled by a separate panel of switches near the seatbelt buckle, when set-up correctly you definitely sit in and not on these seats.
- COMAND Satellite Navigation System with CD/DVD with 7” colour display – just had latest map updates and firmware done at Mercedes-Benz for £155.
- Real Nappa leather upgrade instead of the standard Artico.
And the standard kit:
- 2 original keys
- Eco / Sport modes
- ECO Stop / Start
- Attention Assist
- Front Assist / Collision Prevention Assist / Pre-Safe Anticipatory Safety System
- Black Roof Lining - Heated windscreen washers
- Service Indicator (ASSYST PLUS)
- Boot release from driver’s seat
- DAB Digital Radio / Bluetooth / Linguatronic Voice Control
- THERMATIC Climate Control – blows ice cold
- SD Card Slot and online connectivity
- ISOFIX rear child seat fastenings
- Steering Wheel Gearchange Paddles
- Tirefit Sealant with Electric Air Pump
- Cruise Control / Speed Limiter (SPEEDTRONIC)
- Electrically Adjustable Seats (driver and front passenger)
- Climate Control
- LED ambient interior lighting pack
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring system
- Power fold heated and electrically adjustable doors mirrors
- Heated front seats
- Neck-Pro front headrests
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror and driver’s door mirror
- 30% tinted windows from the B-pillar back privacy glass (aftermarket so the film can be removed if preferred)
- Diamond cut alloys (recently refurbished)
- Front and rear parking sensors (Parktronic)
- Active Park Assist - 2x USB Ports
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Alarm System with interior protection and immobiliser
- Auto Hold and Hill Hold
I have had a discreetly located Garmin 80 forward facing dash camera professionally installed and hard-wired in (on and off with the ignition, no visible wires) which I can leave in the car if the asking price is met.A really honest and genuine car that apart from a pair of rear tyres wants for nothing. This car was very much planned to be a keeper (I kept my last car a 2011 Skoda Superb for 8 years and 200,000+ miles) and the plan was to do the same with this one. The lock down has meant my commute has all but stopped and with increased home working is unlikely to ever return so it makes sense to let someone else get some use and enjoyment out of it.
The car is located in York is taxed, tested and insured and available for viewing anytime. Proof of insurance required for the test drive please.