2016/17 C coupe with reversing camera boot leak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FSE23, Apr 6, 2017.

1. FSE23

FSE23 New Member

Car:
    C43 AMG
    I have just noticed a small water leak in the boot. After opening the boot some water dropped on my head and I realised that water is coming from the plastic cover inside the boot lid, especially around the buttons for locking the car and closing boot. The boot is however dry, no water comes through the seal. I suspect it could possibly goes through the reversing camera but obviously not sure about it. Car is booked for service. Does anyone experienced something similar? The car is a new C class coupe which I have for 2 months and there wasn't anything like that until last Fri.

2. Pontoneer

Pontoneer Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    '99 S320 W140 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
    Often condensation can form on the inside of metal panels due to temp difference between inside and outside air .

3. OP
    OP
    FSE23

FSE23 New Member

Car:
    C43 AMG
    It did not look like condensation as it wasn't there in much colder weather but now after driving in the rain I noticed that twice, and weather was quite mild. Never seen anything like this in my other cars.