2016 A180d error P038096

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Filipov

SUPPORTER
Car
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Hello all,

Long time no speak from me but I am back, kind of, to pick your brains. The Mrs has a 2016 A180d with the renault 1.5. Had a call in the morning to the tune of “there is a light on my dashboard” followed by me checking it out.
Her usual mechanic came out in the evening and scanned it, revealing the P038096 code. Now, from what I read it appears to be the module, unless I am completely wrong.
The guy is good for general service etc, but he didn’t seem certain on anything to do with that code.
Could someone advise if this is indeed the relay module, and if so, what does it look like and where the hell does it sit? I have seen about 4 or 5 different versions on the web and they all look different.
I would rather tackle this myself and save the money.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Hello all,

Long time no speak from me but I am back, kind of, to pick your brains. The Mrs has a 2016 A180d with the renault 1.5. Had a call in the morning to the tune of “there is a light on my dashboard” followed by me checking it out.
Her usual mechanic came out in the evening and scanned it, revealing the P038096 code. Now, from what I read it appears to be the module, unless I am completely wrong.
The guy is good for general service etc, but he didn’t seem certain on anything to do with that code.
Could someone advise if this is indeed the relay module, and if so, what does it look like and where the hell does it sit? I have seen about 4 or 5 different versions on the web and they all look different.
I would rather tackle this myself and save the money.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
Hi there, I believe that fault code is regarding glow plug control module, although you need to find out if it's the glow plug (s) faulty or the module, you need to check resistance of each glow plug to determine if what is faulty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom