2016 Belgium GP (Result enclosed!!!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

Great incident packed race.

Very agreesive from Max V. Good to watch and good for current F1

Great race for the stewards in regards to minimal investigations. (Let's hope it continues)

Faultless drive from race winner Nico R (albeit under no pressure)

Happy for my team with Alonso :bannana: but shame about Button. :doh:

Lewis did well and kept out of trouble throughout.

So glad K Mag is OK aside from possible ankle fracture.

And lastly Danny Ric is the most fun driver in current F1. Love his constant smile and happy personality. Great antics on the podium. Other drivers please take note. :thumb:

Ant.

It was a shame some idiots were booing Nico on the podium.

It was a shame some idiots were booing Nico on the podium.

Yes, totally agree. A shame that had to happen.

Also good of Nico to publicly congratulate Lewis on his performance from 21st-3rd. Not sure if Lewis would have done likewise? :dk:

Great incident packed race.

Very agreesive from Max V. Good to watch and good for current F1

Great race for the stewards in regards to minimal investigations. (Let's hope it continues)

I thought the brake check on Kimi on the Kemel/Camel straight at 300kph might have warranted a look at by the stewards.

I thought the brake check on Kimi on the Kemel/Camel straight at 300kph might have warranted a look at by the stewards.

Yeah, very boarder line. I can imagine Kimi's frustration but F1 needs less intervention from stewards.

Personally I think Max V is a breath of fresh air that F1 needs.

Also many are blaming Max V for first corner incident. If you look at on board footage the two Ferraris make contact before Kimi and Max. I'm neutral. From my point of view it was good old fashioned racing. :thumb:

If anyone I'd blame Vettel for not using the whole of the available space and bumping Kimi over towards Max. The three of them could have got round the corner if he had.

Part of the problem/excitement with Max is that he still seems to drive the F1 car as if it was a Kart but things that he could have got away with in a 50kg kart don't work in a 500kg F1 car

From Hamilton's point of view that has to be as good as a win in any other race. What it's done to Rosberg's already fragile mindset can only be imagined, to still be second in the championship after starting twenty grid places ahead of his only rival has got to affect him.

As for Verstappen I don't get the love-in. Unless he's brought to book soon, the amount of weaving he does in the braking area is going to cause a huge accident. Hopefully the stewards will act before rather than after it happens.

As for Verstappen I don't get the love-in. Unless he's brought to book soon, the amount of weaving he does in the braking area is going to cause a huge accident. Hopefully the stewards will act before rather than after it happens.

Yes, he certainly exceeds the 'one move' rule regularly. I guess given his age and lack of experience it can be expected.

As a few members here have mentioned, I'd love to see MV next to LH in the Merc. Mouthwatering prospect. :thumb:

I think Max got away with things today because, as the race promoter said, he saved the Belgian GP this year with the huge amount of Dutch and Belgian fans turning up that don't normally.

VES deserved a penalty imo. It's not the first time he drove like that and it won't be long before he causes a big accident and will learn the hard way.

Good race with plenty going on.

Vettel in the wrong for the first corner incident imho Kimi tried to drive away from vettel probably because in that team with that team mate he would of been blamed for the contact , max being allowed to block far to aggressively also in my opinion (couldn't see Lewis getting away with moves like that ) and hopefully Ron Dennis boys and girls have turned a corner

and hopefully Ron Dennis boys and girls have turned a corner

Fingers crossed. :thumb:

Long way from being competitive but in a better place than last year. At least there's a glimmer of hope for 2017. :bannana:

Vettel in the wrong for the first corner incident imho Kimi tried to drive away from vettel probably because in that team with that team mate he would of been blamed for the contact , max being allowed to block far to aggressively also in my opinion (couldn't see Lewis getting away with moves like that ) and hopefully Ron Dennis boys and girls have turned a corner

VES is the one of the young future of Formula 1 and has the potential to beat Schumachers record.

He displays the arrogance and self belief of the best drivers that have ever driven in F1 and yet he's still a teenager, he'll be 19 later this month.

I love F1 but I genuinely don't understand why Raikkonen is still in it, he whinges, moans and frankly couldn't give a **** about the whole thing unless his team hand him a a car and the win on a plate.

VES is a breath of fresh air, I would absolutely love to see him in the other Merc because Hamilton couldn't deal with him. He's young enough to have a degree of self belief that rips repuation to bits.

He's a racer in the true meaning of the word, he will push every situation and more and then deal with the consequensces afterwards. That is the hallmark of a winner.

Ultimately, he is good box office and he's allowed to run with it and the sport has become the more entertaining as a result.

Last edited:
All I heard was someone rear-ended Jenson's button! :eek: ;) Haven't seen the incident though.

Apologies, I must have missed this? What happened to the rule about radio comms and driver assistance? Yesterday it was said that this had been done away with? Does NR get his penalty done away with?

Max Verstappen is fast because he's too young to have had "the Big One" (life/career thresatening crash) yet...

When he does, he'll slow down. that's just human nature and self-preservation.

Happened to Johnny Herbert, sadly, and he was never quite as competitive again.....though quick enough to win the British GP!

Toto Wolff has said the loophole which allowed LH to stockpile engines is ridiculous and needs changing.

The easy way would be to carry forward unused grid penalty places until they're all used. It would also discourage sitting out qualifying to save tyres.

VES is the one of the young future of Formula 1 and has the potential to beat Schumachers record.

That's not an excuse though.

All great fun when he gets away with it but the point is that there are risks and there are rules to mitigate them - so there are serious consequences.

I think he needs a warning. My feeling is that if he doesn't get it then something bad will happen.

Toto Wolff has said the loophole which allowed LH to stockpile engines is ridiculous and needs changing.

The easy way would be to carry forward unused grid penalty places until they're all used. It would also discourage sitting out qualifying to save tyres.

Perhaps penalise the team with a reduction in WC points that they can score after an engine change - and possibly add a small amount of weight to the car to penalise the driver.

Vestappen has been fortunate so far in that the drivers around him when he takes the scenic route in the braking zone have so far been experienced.

He'll try it on with a relatively inexperienced driver and the outcome may be very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom