2016 C Class map updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Farmer boy

SUPPORTER
Car
S205 250 AMG Line
Hi,

Can anyone confirm the latest Comand NTG5 map version. My car was built February 2016 and has 2015 2016 V7 Europe installed. The car goes in for it's A service next week and wish to have the latest map installed as the current map is outdated in several parts of the UK and Europe I know that the dealer will need the car hooked up for a couple of hours to update. Don't want to be fobbed off with its up to date if it's not.
I know the update would only refresh the map data. It's a pity that it cannot announce place names correctly. UK place names can be comical but are far more corrupted in France with even Calais being difficult to decipher.

It's a pity that it cannot announce place names correctly. UK place names can be comical but are far more corrupted in France with even Calais being difficult to decipher.
In my experience with various sat-nav's that employ text-to-speak (TTS) technology, the way place names are annunciated depends upon the language locale selected. So, for example, if you want to hear place names in France more correctly pronounced, you need to select "French" as the language for the sat-nav. If you set American English as the language on Garmin sat-nav's, roundabouts become "traffic circles" and motorway exits become "ramps" (amongst other foibles).

Thanks st15phil. It makes sense to change the language. A little job to do while on the Euro shuttle on my next crossing.

Farmerboy

Had my C Class updated at service in November last year. 2016 v8 was loaded, so you are due an update..

Make sure you tell the MB dealer that the maps are to be updated as part of the service, otherwise, as many have found, it will not be done. It should be FOC as you get 3 years free updates, the dealer will not want to do it as it ties up a service bay for a couple of hours.

Then, when you collect the car, check that the maps have been updated before you leave the premises!!

How do you check the map version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To find map version select Navigation then Options then Map Contents and from the bottom of the list Map version. Took me a while today to find this pathway. I had tried the more obvious About Navigation screen but this was a dead end you need the map up and select the Options from the left of the bottom bar.

July 16 build on ours and also 2016 V8.0 maps on COMAND.

Be interested to see what version you get when it returns from service.

Just checked mine an October 2015 registered car and I have 2015/16 v7 Europe.

CRBXF said:
Just checked mine an October 2015 registered car and I have 2015/16 v7 Europe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you are also due an update. My car goes in Tuesday so will report back with the latest map details after its update.

Farmerboy

Just collected car following service and map upgrade. Garage ran upgrade overnight as they say it takes 4 hours. Not a problem as I had a car from them.
COMAND now shows 2016 V8 Europe.
Farmerboy

Just collected car following service and map upgrade. Garage ran upgrade overnight as they say it takes 4 hours. Not a problem as I had a car from them.
COMAND now shows 2016 V8 Europe.
Farmerboy
I might have got this wrong -will check later- but sure my 2017 C Class shows V10. Possible?

Your best point of contact for this info is comand.co.uk, Alfie/Richard (sponsors of this forum), via phone or email, include your VIN and they can look up exactly what you have fitted to your car and what's available as updates.

Your best point of contact for this info is comand.co.uk, Alfie/Richard (sponsors of this forum), via phone or email, include your VIN and they can look up exactly what you have fitted to your car and what's available as updates.

Are their email addresses to hand??

Just had a B service completed and COMAND maps updated. Now showing:
2016 V8 Europe.

Are their email addresses to hand??

sales @ comandonline.co.uk

Or PM Alfie (he is a forum member)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom