2016 C350e- endless issues: no comeback?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tyres, tracking, wheel refurbish and two services were "unexpected" and a battery was changed but not needed.

How much of the £2000 in 2 years did these items account for? 🤔
i'd have to find the receipt out as was a nearly 2 years ago looking back it's probably more,i got it from the dealer and thought that maybe because of the mileage the gearbox service had been done(fmbsh) but it hadn't,also the spring link arm wasn't broke just creaked like an out house door i also thought maybe the tyres would be good but probably just legal when sold,12v battery i did myself
Tyres, tracking, wheel refurbish and two services were "unexpected" and a battery was changed but not needed.

How much of the £2000 in 2 years did these items account for? 🤔

It may have MBSH but that is no guarantee that a Gearbox service has been carried out.

Many MB dealers are unsure when or if these are needed!

It may have MBSH but that is no guarantee that a Gearbox service has been carried out.

Many MB dealers are unsure when or if these are needed!
i just thought premium car = premium service (nothing missed) have learn't a lot since owning Mercedes

i just thought premium car = premium service (nothing missed) have learn't a lot since owning Mercedes
It is a mass produced car.

I wouldn't see it as "premium" in any way.

That,s how i see it now
Perhaps you should have been more diligent in actually checking what service items had been carried out and what had not before purchasing the car

As for hoping the tyres would last until you sold it, that was down to you as an owner to deal with regardless.

You can hardly criticise Mercedes for consumable items needing to be replaced.

The indie mechanic I use has had issues in past with customers sourcing bad parts, so was dead against it. So it was all MB parts until the starter motor, which I baulked at & he did source an OEM part at half the price. All costs are in €uro, so bear that in mind & incl labour & VAT (on holiday atm so don’t have breakdown to hand):
Compressor (MB) €1,200
Diagnostics, software updates & service (I provided oil & filters) €270
Aux Battery- in passenger compartment (MB) €400
Starter Motor (OEM) €600
Aux battery ....Euro 400-00. :oops: I recently purchased a massive Varta AGM 850CCA that cost me just over £100 & took 10 minutes to fit. Those small aux batteries are usually under. £100

Perhaps you should have been more diligent in actually checking what service items had been carried out and what had not before purchasing the car

As for hoping the tyres would last until you sold it, that was down to you as an owner to deal with regardless.

You can hardly criticise Mercedes for consumable items needing to be replaced.
That's exactly what the dealer said ,i've not sold it still here and did 2000miles its not my main vehicle

That's exactly what the dealer said ,i've not sold it still here
So what point are you making?

Your complaint seems to be about unexpected costs but you didn't ask the relevant questions about actual service history prior to purchase, your tyres wore out before you thought they would...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom