2016 c63 service schedule

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markin

Car
C63
Hi
I’m new to this forum.
Im currently looking at purchasing a 66 plate C63. Am I right in saying they should be serviced annually. The previous owner has not done a lot of mileage and has had the car serviced every 2 years.
Thanks
Mark

Is it very low mileage and cheap ?

Mercedes sevice schedules are a dark art.
Roughly speaking you alternate between an A and B service each year or 10k whichever comes first.
A service is oil and filter plus basic inspection.
B service is oil and filter plus deeper inspection. An MoT test is even more thorough.
All other items like air filters, spark plugs, ATF and Diff oil are mileage related.
I got so pissed off with the whole thing that I created my own spreadsheet so I could tell my garage what to do.

Does the car have any other history for repairs, MoTs etc? The on board system should also tell you what the next service is and when it's due.

Whenever I've bought any car at all I've factored in an immediate oil and filter change.

Don't walk away. Just spend some time working out where it's at.

Ive just bought a 66 plate C63, it has 23k on the clock and its just had its 4th service so yes once a year regardless of mileage
Same. My 66 plate C63 was roughly 34k miles with 4 services (way below the 12k mile service interval).

Hi
I’m new to this forum.
Im currently looking at purchasing a 66 plate C63. Am I right in saying they should be serviced annually. The previous owner has not done a lot of mileage and has had the car serviced every 2 years.
Thanks
Mark

I am assuming the car was serviced every year for the first 3 services? It's unlikely that the owner of a brand new C63 would forgo the warranty for the cost of a service.

So that brings the car fully serviced to 2019, and the 2020 service was missed?

If the above is correct, then I wouldn't worry too much about the missing service (though, if course, it's a haggling point...). I suspect many a car missed their service in 2020, the year of COVID, due the a combination of near-zero annual mileage and lockdowns.

For me it’s a big no no if they didn’t service why not has anything else been missed, over the last 2 years my car has done around 4000 miles and still had 2 services.

my checklist for buying a new car is service on schedule then tyres, brakes you can usually tell if it’s been looked after with just these items

Hi Markin, I'm a new member too and also looking for a 2016 ish C63 👍
I found a link to the online service schedule on a different thread, it's pretty good, I'll put the link below. Just plug in the details of the car you're interested in and it spits all the info on what's due when.

I forgot to mention, one to note for us is under 'additional operations' it says every 5 years the ATF is due (automatic transmission fluid) this is definitely something we need to be asking about!

I've not been able to get MB to quote for ATF on it's own yet, they keep spinning me a yarn about it being built into an A or B service and not possible to separate out 🙄

Hi
I’m new to this forum.
Thanks
Mark
Yes, every 12 months regardless of mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom