2016 E63 - oil top up message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
A message has popped up on my display saying add a litre of oil at next fuel stop. I've only had the car since the end of Feb . Is this normal oil consumption?
Should I be concerned? Mileage is cira 4k. Whats the best oil to use?
Tia

Mine and others do this, as did my previous 6.2l E63.

I carry a litre of oil, which may seem a bit odd for a new car, but it's a performance engine and it uses oil.

Mobil 1 is my choice, but any oil that meets MB 229.5 (on the label) will be ok.

Mine said "check oil at next fuel stop" but I think this was connected to me having my B service 5 days after it was due.

Is your service overdue maybe, or it could genuinely use oil?

My 6.2 doesn't use any at all but some peoples cars seem to.

AMG engines seem to vary from one to the other.

I've never had to top mine up.

Thanks guys, so nothing to worry about. I'll carry a litre from now on though .
next service due 7745 miles according to mercedes me.
My previous W211 E55 ( cica 2002) never needed oil between services.
I do roughly 10 miles a day commute plus 300-400 miles most weekends, mainly motorway and fast A roads.

An engine will 'generally' use a bit more oil in it's breaking in period. I bet after 10k, it won't use much oil at all.

Rash. I believe that you actually have to get it out the garage and drive it to have this happen ;^)

Funny bugger :rolleyes::D

Nonetheless, I've not needed to top up the oil in the 22,000 miles I've done in it.

Did around 1600 miles on last years euro trip and didn't drink any.

My M157 engine needed a litre every couple of months. Put one in the boot

Mine takes 1 liter of oil every 2000-3000 miles. I always use Mobile 1. It's a significant additional cost.... now getting Mobile 1 at wholesale prices.
P.

Had to add 2 liters in the first 5k ,so you have no issues I believe.

My indy told me to use 5w30 petronas in my C63.
It seems to use about 1 litre between services

Talking to a Mercedes master tech the other day he said all AMG engines seem to use some oil if driving in his words "properly".

I think people's experiences and engines are different. I don't think you have an issue at all but recommend you record the mileage when you top up each time. This way you can tell if it's normal for your engine and driving style or the usage is getting worse.

I just topped mine up and have always had to top up all my previous E63's

My indy told me to use 5w30 petronas in my C63.
It seems to use about 1 litre between services
Exactly the same as my old C63, wanted 1l of oil after 5-6K and then another 1l between first and second service after a few thousands of miles.

Remember folks the V8 engine was designed so the the inventor of Garage Floor Drip Tray could be born.

They sweat it, leak it, drip it, squirt it and sometimes burn it. Bit like my ex.

Remember folks the V8 engine was designed so the the inventor of Garage Floor Drip Tray could be born.

They sweat it, leak it, drip it, squirt it and sometimes burn it. Bit like my ex.

Very true, a mentor of mine now sadly passed used to say"dont give a bean where it goes as long as I don't see it out the back of the car"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom