2016 GLC Class Press Release (GLK)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, but the 250 petrol will be available next year. I drove it last week and I was impressed with the overall drive. More comfortable that a C class

I like the look of this a lot. Especially as there seems to be a GLC450 AMG in the pipeline.

That would be just perfect.

I might just bring my GLK350 from Florida and get these guys to sort out the LHD steering ...

1_RHD_to_LHD.jpg

Honest John seems to like it. Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class 2015 - Car Review | Honest John but no petrol option for UK buyers at launch?

Hmmm..it's surely not a 4 seater? That would be a show-stopper for me.

Also, I know many vehicles are going this way, but to not even have space for a spare is something that concerns me - a problem means I could easily lose a day of work and / or be stuck a long way from home.

Last edited:
Quoting Autocar:-

When the Mercedes GLC arrives in the UK later this year, we’ll be graced with a diesel-only engine line-up – initially comprising two four-cylinder oil burners with either 168bhp or 201bhp.
We’ve already driven the higher-powered diesel but, if you want a petrol – or indeed a hybrid – you’ll need to wait a little longer. While parts of Europe, China and the US will get a 2.0-litre petrol GLC 250, such an engine isn’t even earmarked for the UK. Bosses have confirmed this GLE 350e plug-in hybrid will join the range though, albeit not for at least 18 months.

Other sources would indicate that the USA will get a turbocharged petrol version GLC 300 and GLC 300 4MATIC featuring a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that develops 241 bhp (179 kW) and 273 lb-ft (369 Nm) of torque.
MB seems determined that UK buyers all remain driving diesels? If impending legislation dictates diesel engines are eventually going to be banned from inner city areas this policy might push potential buyers towards other manufacturers?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Hmmm..it's surely not a 4 seater? That would be a show-stopper for me.

Also, I know many vehicles are going this way, but to not even have space for a spare is something that concerns me - a problem means I could easily lose a day of work and / or be stuck a long way from home.

It's definitely a 5 seater

Would I be right to think that you can order now for delivery in October?

Would I also be right in thinking dealers will not be interested in a keen price as it will not be possible to include in their crucial Q3 figures (needs to be registered by September 30th)?

I assume I'm best waiting at least six months.

Would I be right to think that you can order now for delivery in October?

Would I also be right in thinking dealers will not be interested in a keen price as it will not be possible to include in their crucial Q3 figures (needs to be registered by September 30th)?

I assume I'm best waiting at least six months.

You can get one for October/November yes. You'll get a deal, I doubt they will turn down a sale. PM me if you'd like me to look at one for you

You can get one for October/November yes. You'll get a deal, I doubt they will turn down a sale. PM me if you'd like me to look at one for you
I am surprised you suggest a discount is possible.

I placed a deposit in April with my local dealer, where I have bought from in the past, and was told no discounts, which was confirmed when the dealer input my order into the MB order screen. The order now seems to be in a black hole with MB UK awaiting them getting a customer allocation, as opposed to the dealer allocation for demos/showroom stock they have at the moment.

I have also dropped into a couple of other dealers, in different parts of the country, primarily to look at colours, but each time I have brought up the topic of discount for the GLC and been told no as there is a waiting list.

I would be interested to hear more from you, but I am unable to PM until I have posted vast numbers of comments!

There's a difference to turnig down a sale and really trying. I only ever deal with main dealers sales guys in the last two weeks of September, and only if they are looking short of targets (a sneaky look in the sales office usually helps here!). So October delivery will mean little incentive to deal IMHO.

I'm 3 years into a 4 year PCP so waiting a year is almostly certainly the best bet but you never know until you ask :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom