2016 GLE Heated windscreen and heated wing mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenThomas

Car
GLE 250d AMG Line Premium
Morning all,

Not long had my 2016 GLE 250d AMG Line Premium and still working through its features to check all is well.

An issue I have found is the 'heated windscreen' isn't what I expected. When the 'MAX' windscreen is activated the hot air blown on the bottom of the screen kicks into gear but there doesn't appear to be any wired heat across the rest of the glass. There are copper wires running through the glass from top to bottom on each end of the windscreen but it would appear these don't heat.
Is this in order and the design of the system?

Second issue is the drivers side wing mirror demists slower than the passenger mirror. I plan to contact the dealer, Southend Mercedes, concerning the mirror whilst I have a warranty period but hoped I could take some guidance concerning the windscreen before I do.

Other than this its cracking:thumb:
Thanks in advance

I am not aware of any Mercedes Benz that has an electrically heated windscreen, you have what the rest of us have , a button that ramps the fan to max and points the air at the windshield. The drivers side mirror is auto dip the passenger side is (usually) not, as a result the glass is different and might explain why one defrosts before the other.

If you have auto folding wing mirrors set them so they only fold when you really need them to or pretty soon you might find neither mirror will defrost because the wires that feed them will break.

You don't have an electric windscreen heater, any wires you see embedded in the screen are aerial wires. The only electric heated part is in front of the cameras if you have them.

I am not aware of any Mercedes Benz that has an electrically heated windscreen, you have what the rest of us have , a button that ramps the fan to max and points the air at the windshield. The drivers side mirror is auto dip the passenger side is (usually) not, as a result the glass is different and might explain why one defrosts before the other.

If you have auto folding wing mirrors set them so they only fold when you really need them to or pretty soon you might find neither mirror will defrost because the wires that feed them will break.
That's great, many thanks for your response. Im new to Mercedes so have alot to learn.

You don't have an electric windscreen heater, any wires you see embedded in the screen are aerial wires. The only electric heated part is in front of the cameras if you have them.
Excellent, thank you very much for helping me understand the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom