2016 Mercedes Vito Tyres life expectancy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitchyphotoline

Car
vito
2016 Mercedes Vito Tyres life expectancy?

We are burning through tyres like there is no tomorrow!!

3 sets of front tyres since new and only 45,000 on the clock!

Current Tyres are - continental contact and are shot after 10,000

I was wondering if this is normal, and if not can somebody please recommend a longer life tyre brand.

Many thanks
Adam

i have a 120 Dualiner, was not impressed with the factory fit Goodyears or the next tyres I put on which were Goodyear Efficientgrip. 20,000 miles ago I put on Michelin Agilis 51's, very pleased with them. I have swapped front to back to even out the wear so I always change all four together. They have a good 5,000 miles left in them before I change to another set of Michelin's :thumb: I would like to add I do make use of all that smooth power of the V6 :)

Yikes. I wouldn't know. Just coming up to 12 months old and just 5k miles covered. Tyres still as good as new. But rock hard and road noise is overwhelming.

Don't know about the W447 but front tyre wear on the outside edges is normal on W639 Vitos. Our 120 has done it from new - as mentioned, swapping front to back to even the wear out and then changing all 4 tyres extends the life significantly.

We have had Goodyear 225 55 17 from new and really quite satisfied with them. The only question is the pressures. MB say the Viano should run at 33 normal and 44 fully loaded. Both these caused excessive tyre wear 33 shoulder and 44 crown. for some time now I have run them at 38 and we are getting in excess of 25K. The recommended pressures don't give a good ride anyway. The lower is too noisy and the other too hard a ride.

If your tyres are wearing evenly, then you must just be flooring it and braking heavily a lot.

Have your tracking checked if you're not, as you might have toe-in, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom