2016 S205 C250d - issue syncing iPhone X contacts with COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elan362

Car
C250d AMG line Premium Plus Estate S205 2016
Ok, a weird one.
ive a 2016 S205 C250d Premium Plus pack - so with COMAND.
my iPhone Xr (iOS 14.0.1) has been paired with the car and operated properly for ages (BT streaming / phone / contacts / recent calls etc).

i just noticed today (when i tried to make a call) that the address book wasn’t available. Nor were any my saved numbers / speed dial.

The phone is paired to the car - i can BT stream music. i can make a phone call if i use the handset to dial a contact - it just doesn’t seem to have any of my contacts from my phone on the COMAND. (It used to)

I’ve restarted the COMAND by holding the CD elect button. Ive deleted the phone BT pairing on both the COMAND and iPhone and repaired. I’ve tried yo access / sync the phone address book with the car with no success (No contacts are coming across)....and may of the menus in the Tel settings pages are greyed out / not available.
Ive tried it with my wife’s iPhone 8 with same effect So i think it is a car issue rather than a phone issue.

Any one experienced the same? Any ideas or solutions?

Did this coincide with updating to IOS 14?

I don't know. I only noticed yesterday. I'm not driving the car often.

I've tried with an android phone and similar results. I also don't appear to be able to save nav destination addresses.. How strange

Hmm, have the same spec car and phone. Not noticed a problem so far, but will pay more attention next time I'm in the car.

This is an issue with some phones. I’ve had the same, and every time I add a new contact to my business phone I go round the same dance. It doesn’t update the car.
You need to go into your contacts settings on the phone and make sure only 1 group is selected. Usually, ‘All contacts’ works for me.
If any other group is ticked like favourites, it seems to mess up the importing.

Good luck.

With an iphone you shouldnt need to send the contacts via Bluetooth. Try using ‘Download from phone’ instead.

With an iphone you shouldnt need to send the contacts via Bluetooth. Try using ‘Download from phone’ instead.
I'm not trying to specifically. Many of the options are greyed out and unavailable. I only tried the availabile options to test them.
It used to work OK. Just no any longer ??? It's really strange.
Plus not being able to save nav destination is really odd

This is an issue with some phones. I’ve had the same, and every time I add a new contact to my business phone I go round the same dance. It doesn’t update the car.
You need to go into your contacts settings on the phone and make sure only 1 group is selected. Usually, ‘All contacts’ works for me.
If any other group is ticked like favourites, it seems to mess up the importing.

Good luck.
I tried this. No joy. My iPhone had 2 groups, iCloud and phone. My phone is empty, all contacts are on iCloud, so I disabled my phone group but no joy.A43B61FF-4A94-466D-BB84-CD30C1F05039.jpeg

SOLVED!!😀
I phoned my local indi and took it in and they hooked it up to their STAR machine and ran diagnostics on it.
There was an error relating to MB Connect stored but no Hardware errors.
They did a deep reset all 5 comma modules via STAR (FOC) while I waited and all seems sorted now after the reset 👍

Last edited:
Hi Elan362
Did this fix it permanently?
My GLC is now doing exactly the same!
I did all you tried and even reset the whole system but nothing has worked.
No phone contacts, no recent call lists, not able to save locations on sat nav nor access any previous saved locations!!!
I have an iPhone XR. It all worked perfectly and then stopped!!

So it’s £139 + VAT just for the privilege of letting the Mercedes garage look at it!!!! 🤐😩

2 x indies say they can’t do it. That must be A really good one you have!!
I pulled the Hermes comms fuse from foot well for 3 hours but nothing happened.

2 x indies say they can’t do it. That must be A really good one you have!!
I pulled the Hermes comms fuse from foot well for 3 hours but nothing happened.
😕 sorry to hear that.
My Indi is Deutchtek at Woodlands in Glasgow. I've used them for years with my BMWs and MB. They are really good.
They said they plugged my car into their STAR machine and did a deep level reset of all 5 comms modules. It took them 10 min whilst I waited. I called them in advance and they said just to pop round and they would look at there and then.

And they wouldn't take any cash for it either as I was a regular customer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom