2016 SL63 Tyre recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,

Am looking to replace tyres on my 2016 SL63 - they have Continental Sport Contact 6 on at the moment. Has anyone tried Michelin Pilot Sports? Also, would you stick with only an MO tyre or is this not essential.

thanks
DB1

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's on my W212 E63 AMG, night and day difference between them and the P Zero's. As for MO I read that the MO for PS4S's got a lower rating on wet so opted for non MO Tyres. Hope that helps

Hi , I have a C207E400 that came with Conti 5p tyres. I really liked the tyres but they failed in that broke up. , Internally and externally failure.

I would have gone for the Michelin 4s but not available due to delivery issues.

I opted for Goodyear Asi 5 tyres and to date very pleased with the product.

thanks for your replies...I will look to see which I can get and pricing...

I would go for Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sport - both are UHP tyres

Hi , well my Goodyear Asi 5 of side rear 255/30/19 found a whole in the road , instantly loss pressure and called Mercedes recovery , changed tyre to thing in the back. Went down to my trusted tyre mate who informed me that my tyre is unavailable and may never be available as the 5 have been replaced by the 6 !

The car is being mot ed tomorrow so on goes a Chinese tyre to allow the MOT to take place.

Car straight home 400 meters up the road and awaits the new tyre.

The front tyres have not lost and thread depth in 4000 miles so reluctance in the long to change to a different brand.

I can obtain Conti / Per but don't **** them.

If you are looking for new tyres look now

Ps4's, they are awesome tyres. I had them on an m3 running 500+ bhp and they took the power so well even in the wet.

Hi , well my Goodyear Asi 5 of side rear 255/30/19 found a whole in the road , instantly loss pressure and called Mercedes recovery , changed tyre to thing in the back. Went down to my trusted tyre mate who informed me that my tyre is unavailable and may never be available as the 5 have been replaced by the 6 !

The car is being mot ed tomorrow so on goes a Chinese tyre to allow the MOT to take place.

Car straight home 400 meters up the road and awaits the new tyre.

The front tyres have not lost and thread depth in 4000 miles so reluctance in the long to change to a different brand.

I can obtain Conti / Per but don't **** them.

If you are looking for new tyres look now
Goodyear don't make 255x30x19 Assymetric 5 tyres. They don't make 6's in that size either.
Looking through the Kwifit tyre chart it appears Goodyear don't make that size in any suitable tyre for your car.
Looks like another brand for you, but it could be just Kwikfit tyre chart is wrong.

Goodyear don't make 255x30x19 Assymetric 5 tyres. They don't make 6's in that size either.
Looking through the Kwifit tyre chart it appears Goodyear don't make that size in any suitable tyre for your car.
Looks like another brand for you, but it could be just Kwikfit tyre chart is wrong.
Hi , ABGeed: I understand where you are coming from what I can see the fronts are 235/35/19 and the rears are 255/30/19 but my car is the Line version which is different from the Sport specification for model year 2016.

As you say I have found that the many tyre charts are incorrect when installing the registration number.

When I picked my car it came with 255/35/19 but the dealer had to change them to 255/30/19 at the instruction received from Mercedes UK

I

Good site for tyre info:
My SL63 has - Front 255/35/19, Rear 285/30/19.
I replaced them with Goodyear Asymetric 5 a couple of years ago and they are fine. Give a slightly softer ride and are very quiet too.

Good site for tyre info:
My SL63 has - Front 255/35/19, Rear 285/30/19.
I replaced them with Goodyear Asymetric 5 a couple of years ago and they are fine. Give a slightly softer ride and are very quiet too.
Hi Russj j:

I have Goodyear A5 on my car. Hit a pothole yesterday and down goes the rear tyre.Went to my tyre man who told me Goodyear don't make that tyre size any more. Been confirmed.

Please drive you car carefully and avoid potholes.

PS : What a great car

That size seems to be still available via a number of online suppliers, including Black Circles and Openeo.
Goodyear EU still list it....
Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom