2016 Slc front number plate mount removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4n0y-merc

Car
Mercedes SLC
Hi all, a couple of days ago I ran in to a wildly pheasant that broke the plastic Horizontal strut on the front of my 2016 SLC, unfortunately the pheasant came off worse.

however, lucky for me the bit that broke is the plastic strip that Fit right behind the number plate and is not part of the larger more expensive front fins

I purchased the strip for £40 from MB, thinking unscrew the number plate, pull off the mounting plate and I would have full access to the part, which after viewing the new one, should just pushed/clip in to place.

nothing in lift is that simple....

I have removed the 3 screws that secures the mount, but the mount will still not come free. I have pulled far hard than I believe I should but cant get it to move!

there are three plugs - screen goes through the middle) on the top edge that go in to the body, they appear to have tabs that are holding them in but which way to squeeze them is just baffling me.

the pictures I have are not great because the are hard area to get access, there is also a slot/hole in the recess above and below the screws, which suggest a screwdriver (or special tool) may be needed.

if anyone knowS how this little bugger comes off I would love to hear from you.

Thanks Andy
36B6CCFA-D449-4817-94F7-C216CFB53C6C.jpeg43F625EF-8293-4313-A2B3-4A65FBD0BC28.jpeg

Hi all, a couple of days ago I ran in to a wildly pheasant that broke the plastic Horizontal strut on the front of my 2016 SLC, unfortunately the pheasant came off worse.

however, lucky for me the bit that broke is the plastic strip that Fit right behind the number plate and is not part of the larger more expensive front fins

I purchased the strip for £40 from MB, thinking unscrew the number plate, pull off the mounting plate and I would have full access to the part, which after viewing the new one, should just pushed/clip in to place.

nothing in lift is that simple....

I have removed the 3 screws that secures the mount, but the mount will still not come free. I have pulled far hard than I believe I should but cant get it to move!

there are three plugs - screen goes through the middle) on the top edge that go in to the body, they appear to have tabs that are holding them in but which way to squeeze them is just baffling me.

the pictures I have are not great because the are hard area to get access, there is also a slot/hole in the recess above and below the screws, which suggest a screwdriver (or special tool) may be needed.

if anyone knowS how this little bugger comes off I would love to hear from you.

Thanks Andy
View attachment 93032View attachment 93033
Hi did you ever solve getting the plinth out, I'm having the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom