2016 W205 Apple carplay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topliner

Hi,
I'd like to try and add Apple carplay to my car and was hoping someone could help.
My car is a 2016 16 plate Mercedes W205 premium plus, according to the data card it has option 531 Command APS NTG5/NTG5.5, (from my understanding the NTG5 and the NTG5.5 are two similar, but different systems) is it possible to add carplay and has anyone used or had experience with the diagnostic plug in type carplay activating tools that can be bought from Amazon/Ebay for £40/50 pounds ?
TIA

I have a 2017 W205 Hybrid.

I asked Mercedes customer service about Apple carplay and was told it was not possible to have it on my vehicle.

Give them a ring and they should be able to tell you.

I asked COMAND.co.uk the same question, and it cannot be done.

Hi,
I'd like to try and add Apple carplay to my car and was hoping someone could help.
My car is a 2016 16 plate Mercedes W205 premium plus, according to the data card it has option 531 Command APS NTG5/NTG5.5, (from my understanding the NTG5 and the NTG5.5 are two similar, but different systems) is it possible to add carplay and has anyone used or had experience with the diagnostic plug in type carplay activating tools that can be bought from Amazon/Ebay for £40/50 pounds ?
TIA
You can buy kits online which add this but they are rather expensive. Look at naviplus, they sell them for about £1000, no idea if it works. There are very cheap ones on ebay for android, but I don't think they are any good as they don't link into the cars existing head unit or functions.

My understanding is that Apple CarPlay has native support on the C-Class only from the W205 facelift model (2019).

Earlier C-Class cars can have Apple CarPlay using third-party additional hardware (usually Android-powered but some devices are powered by Raspberry Pi).

My understanding is that Apple CarPlay has native support on the C-Class only from the W205 facelift model (2019).

Earlier C-Class cars can have Apple CarPlay using third-party additional hardware (usually Android-powered but some devices are powered by Raspberry Pi).

It is exactly as MarkJay has stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom