2016 W205 Cooling fan not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deanw23

Car
Mercedes c220D coupe w205 2016
The cooling fan only comes on when the air con is switched on other than that the cooling fan does not work which means when i switch my engine off the engine gets extremely hot. I have a 2016 c220d coupe w205. There’s no fault codes showing what so ever. I would be gratefull for any help.

It’s strange because the thermostat on the dash is always between 80 and 90 so it’s normal temp even tho the fan doesn’t work the only way the fan comes on is if the air con is on but I can go for an hours drive then when I get home I feel the engine and it’s cool then I leave it 5 mins come back feel it and it’s absoloutly Scorching hot. There’s no fault codes showing on the obd reader or on the dash

I think the cooling fan that comes on with the aircon is for the condenser. I've never noticed the main cooling fan come on. Maybe leave it idling on the drive after you've been on run out, whilst keeping a close eye on the temperature gauge and/or an obd logger. The fan should cut in and out and coolant temperature should remain in spec.

Thanks for your reply buddy, I’m thinking take it for a 5 minute drive with no air con on and then when I get home leave it idling and open up the bonnet and see if the fan kicks in ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom