2016 W213 AMG Line euro-style front grille/gunsight kits?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying banana

Car
‘18 AMG GTS Premium - Selenite Grey, '99 Lotus Elise S1 111s - Mustard Pearl
After a brief but unsuccessful flick through ebay, I'd thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a source for a plain (without badge) front grille for a W213 fitted with the AMG stlye front bumper, possibly in conjunction with the upright bonnet badge. Both, I believe, are available on the european market as options but can't seem to find anything online. I've seen a couple of grilles that say they are for use on the non-AMG line front end. I really like the clean grille/gunsight look of the S-Class and think it would suit my E nicely. Thanks in advance for any pointers.85e1d9cda43947618d1e2e7244003a10 - small.jpg

I did it for the W205 C-Class,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its not cheap, nor is it simple to source everything. you will be looking at around £1k min.

Its not cheap, nor is it simple to source everything. you will be looking at around £1k min.
Worth the 1K.

Shouldn't a W213 be a bit cheaper? - changing the grille insert on the 213 doesn't look like it needs a whole new bumper as per your W205. I'm happy to pay £50-odd or whatever it is now for the upright star, and it looks like aftermarket grilles (all with spaces for emblems) are available for under £200 on ebay - I foolishly thought there'd be loads of the "elegance" style grilles lying aorund in French, Belgian, German and Dutch garages where their owner's had done the opposite conversion and they'd be easy to find :)

To be honest I still may be tempted at £1k :)

Shouldn't a W213 be a bit cheaper? - changing the grille insert on the 213 doesn't look like it needs a whole new bumper as per your W205. I'm happy to pay £50-odd or whatever it is now for the upright star, and it looks like aftermarket grilles (all with spaces for emblems) are available for under £200 on ebay - I foolishly thought there'd be loads of the "elegance" style grilles lying aorund in French, Belgian, German and Dutch garages where their owner's had done the opposite conversion and they'd be easy to find :)

To be honest I still may be tempted at £1k :)
1K is on the cheaper side. It can go up.

Personally I thought it looked much better before the conversion. When I find my E63 W212 the first thing coming off will be the gunsight star! Makes them look SO old fashioned. Each to their own of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom