2016 W213 E-Class - Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm in

OK so I'm gonna let somebody borrow my new W213 for around 5 years, I'll even give them a mileage allowance of say 60k. Of course I'll expect them to keep up with the maintenance, with a franchised main dealer, including that G/Box service, washing/polishing is a given, no smoking in the car thank you.

All I want in return is a 70% discount off the new price :devil:

Ordered One

I drove the E220d on extended test drive last week and I have to say, looks aside, which actually I like (I guess I fit the old guy segment), this car is leaps and bounds beyond the prior model.

With the cinema up front and the new drive modes (standard suspension not air) this car is like chalk and cheese to drive to my existing horse.

I currently have a 250 SE Estate which is excellent - when I got back into it, it felt old, heavy and a bit sluggish - now it's back to what I knew, some days have passed and I love my E again - but I am looking forward to my new E220 in Oct - it really is that much better to drive.

Took the plunge and ordered today, bells and whistles premium plus on 18" wheels. The dealers say it drives like an S Class.. dunno, haven't driven one, but it sure is a lovely car ..

I drove the E220d on extended test drive last week and I have to say, looks aside, which actually I like (I guess I fit the old guy segment), this car is leaps and bounds beyond the prior model.

With the cinema up front and the new drive modes (standard suspension not air) this car is like chalk and cheese to drive to my existing horse.

I currently have a 250 SE Estate which is excellent - when I got back into it, it felt old, heavy and a bit sluggish - now it's back to what I knew, some days have passed and I love my E again - but I am looking forward to my new E220 in Oct - it really is that much better to drive.

Took the plunge and ordered today, bells and whistles premium plus on 18" wheels. The dealers say it drives like an S Class.. dunno, haven't driven one, but it sure is a lovely car ..

What spec and colour are you going for? What size of wheels did the car you drove have> How was the ride? Any other info would be appreciated. I'm picking up my new W213 220d in a couple of weeks. It's Kallaite Green, 18'' rims, Burmester and Black Ash wood trim. Can't wait!

The new E63 sounds like a proper step-gap up with sexy new AWD system that isn't 4Matic. Plus different head/turbo setup.

It'll no doubt be £90k, but I'm already drooling.

18" wheels, Premium Plus package with Burmester, Sun Roof, full size displays Drive Pilot and Black Ash trim. I like the green, but opted for the Hyacinth Red + beige interior and roof lining

The test car was 17" wheels, but the road noise was very very low, and the ride very smooth -

Anyone else experiencing long delays on factory orders?

Ordered in July for late Oct delivery, original build date 25/9 now 22/10 projected build (not assigned however) with delivery 11th Nov.

Wouldn't be so bad, but had allowed loads of time for return of the E250 - now without wheels for 12 days :fail

Still, all good things come to those who wait -

Anyone else experiencing long delays on factory orders?

Ordered in July for late Oct delivery, original build date 25/9 now 22/10 projected build (not assigned however) with delivery 11th Nov.

Wouldn't be so bad, but had allowed loads of time for return of the E250 - now without wheels for 12 days :fail

Still, all good things come to those who wait -

Think it'll be the widescreen holding things up, understandably everyone wants that option.

Finally arrived

Ordered June 15th
Expected 1st November
Delivered Nov 30th
Superb car!

Everything as expected, with two exceptions -

No wireless charging - bit frustrating but not end of the world
Electric Tow bar - amazing system, the order was for manual and its so much better just watching it pop out

I read in Autocar yesterday that the first of the 213 3.0l straight sixes will be coming out next year, a twin turbo E500 coupe. I'm possibly looking for a change of the W212 e350cdi next year but I guess that these petrol engines wont be available to us in the UK in the wagons. I'd gladly have a E43/E63 but you can't get towbars on them (#firstworldprobem !) so it might be the straight six diesel instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom