2017 C Class additional speedometer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masher_uk

Car
C300 Coupe AMG Line Premium Selenite Grey Porcelain Leather
Hi, the 'additional speedometer' readout is in kph and I find it irritating - does anyone know if there's a way to switch it to mph?

Hi, the 'additional speedometer' readout is in kph and I find it irritating - does anyone know if there's a way to switch it to mph?

Contact either COMAND UK or someone else who has Star depending where you are located.

Explain you want a UK mode delete

My much older c class has the same, I too find it a bit irritating , but if you remove it and one day end up driving in Europe you will probably be breaking one of their many laws.

My car ONLY has miles per hour printed on the speedometer so I guess that's why KP/H are shown on the digital display.

It could be that 'they' thought that one day for SURE the UK would be using KP/H , Euros and be doing away with the pint...

My much older c class has the same, I too find it a bit irritating , but if you remove it and one day end up driving in Europe you will probably be breaking one of their many laws.

My car ONLY has miles per hour printed on the speedometer so I guess that's why KP/H are shown on the digital display.

It could be that 'they' thought that one day for SURE the UK would be using KP/H , Euros and be doing away with the pint...

No, "they" just thought that some twonk driving away happily in mph might just pop over to Their preferred destination (usually France or Spain) and may not be able to do the math in order to convert mph to kph.
So before people complain, should probably be glad they accomodated for that in the first place.

I occasionally pop over to France to refill the wine rack, and find it very useful to have the kph showing - especially as French speed limits can be confusing, and may not be signposted. For example, as soon as you pass the sign for the start of a village, the speed limit automatically drops to 50kph, often not signposted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom