2017 C-Class & Samsung S7 - not loading e-mails/sms anymore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

540YMX

Car
AMG C63s Coupe
Hello

As per the title, is anyone else having trouble with this?

It was working fine but the Oreo update for Android was installed recently and I have seen some murmuring about it causing Bluetooth problems.

Unfortunately, the car has had some software updates as well during the same period so not 100% sure which has broken what.

Have done a factory reset on the phone, deleted profile in the car but no joy. When setting up the device it connects fine, downloads all the messages, enabled smart-lock etc but after that, the messages disappear on the next journey.

Hello

As per the title, is anyone else having trouble with this?

It was working fine but the Oreo update for Android was installed recently and I have seen some murmuring about it causing Bluetooth problems.

Unfortunately, the car has had some software updates as well during the same period so not 100% sure which has broken what.

Have done a factory reset on the phone, deleted profile in the car but no joy. When setting up the device it connects fine, downloads all the messages, enabled smart-lock etc but after that, the messages disappear on the next journey.

I may be wrong but I thought you had to activate "Bluetooth hot spot", every time.

I may be wrong but I thought you had to activate "Bluetooth hot spot", every time.

It was working fine until the recent changes, nothing needed activating once the device has been authorised by the car and the phone allows access as a trusted device.

I’ve a 2017 C-class and an S7 - I’ve never had the mail function working but not had a problem so far with SMS?
Wish the car came with Android Auto and Apple Car Play rather than Comand - use that in my wife’s Tiguan and all works perfectly.......

I’ve a 2017 C-class and an S7 - I’ve never had the mail function working but not had a problem so far with SMS?
Wish the car came with Android Auto and Apple Car Play rather than Comand - use that in my wife’s Tiguan and all works perfectly.......

Might be able to help with the e-mail issue, there is a separate check box for this in settings when on the telephone screen.

In my case neither the SMS or e-mail show up after the initial loading.

Agree that it is all still a bit backward.

Might be able to help with the e-mail issue, there is a separate check box for this in settings when on the telephone screen.

In my case neither the SMS or e-mail show up after the initial loading.

Agree that it is all still a bit backward.

Cheers, I’ll take a look for that check-box.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom