2017 C63 Android Auto Options (if any)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phy2jsh

Car
Golf R
Hi All

First time poster. I did try reviewing previous threads, but couldn't quite find a definitive answer to my question.

I'm contemplating the purchase of a 2017 C63 estate but Android Auto is quite an important feature for me and I understand it won't be installed by default.

I'm just wondering what, if any, options I would have for enabling or installing android auto. I'm happy to spend money (within reason) on a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome.

The C-Class only received native support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as of the 2019 facelift, so pre-facelift care won't have it.

(To clarify, not all facelift cars have it by default, instead it was on option that could be specified, so some post-facelift cars still won't have it - but before 2019 it wasn't possible at all to have Apple CarPlay / Android Auto fitted from the factory on any C-Class)

For pre-facelift cars, it is possible to install an after-market Apple CarPlay / Android Auto hardware device (i.e. a device not made by MB):

Welcome.

The C-Class only received native support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as of the 2019 facelift, so pre-facelift care won't have it.

(To clarify, not all facelift cars have it by default, instead it was on option that could be specified, so some post-facelift cars still won't have it - but before 2019 it wasn't possible at all to have Apple CarPlay / Android Auto fitted from the factory on any C-Class)

For pre-facelift cars, it is possible to install an after-market Apple CarPlay / Android Auto hardware device (i.e. a device not made by MB):

Many thanks for your swift response. That's very clear.

Do you know how easy it is to install one of these yourself, assuming you have no previous experience? Normally, I'm happy to pay a bit more to have the pros do it, but I notice they are based in Surrey, which, unfortunately, couldn't be further away from where I am! Cost of the petrol in the C63 would probably cost more than the actual install :)

A company called Andream manufacture aftermarket units that are well received on Audi forums, cost is usually just under £200.

A company called Andream manufacture aftermarket units that are well received on Audi forums, cost is usually just under £200.

Are you referring to this website?

Are you referring to this website?
There the ones. You can buy the units from various online stores like Aliexpress. Looking now though it appears these units are only for Audi and BMW.

I'm looking into this

Some of the later C class but before the facelift, and with Audio-20 (not COMAND) can have factory CarPlay / android auto. Whats the VIN number ?

R

I believe that COMAND was standard on the C63?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom