2017 E Class- can keyless go be disabled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

indus

Car
c63 AMG estate
Hi

Can anybody tell me whether the constant signal from the keyless go fob on a 2017 E class can be switched off?

I know it can be done on some mercs by a certain sequence of button presses on the remote fob. However the 2017 E class seems to have a completely different key fob.

I'm looking to buy a used e43 amg but want the ability to switch off keyless to avoid theft. I don't want the faff of using a Faraday pouch on my daily drive.

Thanks very much

This any help.
Watch to near the end.

Dec

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

According to the owner's handbook the same process is used to deactivate the key signal, a quick double press of the lock button. Press any button to reactivate

This any help.
Watch to near the end.

Dec

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks Dec. The problem is that the vid shows the older style key. From what I gather the 2017 e class has a completely different key and I want to make sure that this newer key also allows you to turn off keyless go in the same way.

Cheers

According to the owner's handbook the same process is used to deactivate the key signal, a quick double press of the lock button. Press any button to reactivate

Could you please confirm that you are talking about the new key on the 2017 e class ie not the kind of key shown in Dec's video?

It should look like this

Redirect Notice

Thanks very much.

Could you please confirm that you are talking about the new key on the 2017 e class ie not the kind of key shown in Dec's video?

It should look like this

Redirect Notice

Thanks very much.

Yes, the information comes from the 2017 E45 AMG handbook and the key image in that book is the same as the one you posted above

Have a look for your car in the interactive owners manual, here… Owner's Manuals
Also, could it be that picture is for the American version of the car and the UK version is still with the old type key.

2017_mercedes-benz_e-class_us_88_1600x1200.jpg

Dec

Last edited:
Have a look for your car in the interactive owners manual, here… Owner's Manuals
Also, could it be that picture is for the American version of the car and the UK version is still with the old type key.

Dec

Mine's the same as this one (albeit without the panic button) and I can confirm that double pressing the lock button de-activates keyless entry.

Key 01.jpg Key 03.jpg

I still forget to do it though...

Edited for Pics...

Last edited:
Thanks, that answers the question.

Dec

Thanks, that answers the question.

Dec

Well that confirms it, the answer was given in post #3 ;)

Post #3 was unsubstantiated; the OP wanted a definitive answer so daveenty gets the credit.

Post #2 beat post #3 by a minute, so, you came third Peter.

Dec

Great stuff, that's all I wanted to know, thanks very much.

I had a car (not MB) with keyless entry stolen this year. The ease with which it was done was shocking so I'd really like to be able to switch the damn thing off.

Have a great Christmas guys:)

I would have it permanently disabled; some day you might forget to turn it off, having to double click it to be safe completely defeats its purpose.

Dec

I would have it permanently disabled; some day you might forget to turn it off, having to double click it to be safe completely defeats its purpose.

Dec

So would I but there's no way to switch it off permanently.
Keyless go is a part of the 'premium package' on the E43 and so most cars have it. They have bundled keyless go in with desirable stuff like Burmester sound, Panoramic roof etc.

I can't believe that the manufacturers keep pushing keyless entry. They are well aware just how easy these cars are to steal.

In my case they stood outside my house, captured the signal from the key which was in my bedroom at the back of the house and then entered and drove off in my car. It took them about 3 minutes and of course no alarms were triggered.

Its absolute madness that we are being asked to pay for this flawed technology.....and then pay again in inconvenience and increased insurance premiums when the cars are stolen.

Regards

When you sum it up like that, it really is ridicules; if you want total security you can never use KG.

That car is probably already loaded by the insurance industry as high theft risk because of the KG, takes all the good out of getting a new car. Good luck with it anyway.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom