2017 e class w213 gearbox issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mah83

Hi hope everyone is doing well, just wanted to know if anyone had any advice for me regarding a issue on my 2017 e220 auto, so most of the time the gear changes are very smooth but in stop and start traffic sometimes the gear changes seem a bit harsh almost like a bit of a jolt and I’ve noticed it when the engines revs coming down as well it sometimes has a bit of a jolt, could this be something like gearbox or engine mounts or a gearbox software issue or something more serious? Anyone had anything similar? Anyone recommend a trusted Indy in the London area?

thanks

Terry at Wayne gates MB in harrow is my and many others to go indy.

Well you do not say what miles the car has done,it maybe due a ATF fluid change,but you might find it better to take it to the indy mentioned,let them say what it is,because you can have the ATF changed and then it is the electro plate,let Wayne put it onto his star and get some idea whats going wrong.

Is it when slowing right down, it could be the gearbox changing into 1st gear? occasionally mine does this, not that often but maybe once every couple of weeks. I also find when cold if I accelerate out of a junction and then immediately let off the gas it jerks but only when cold. I find they don't like spirited driving when cold. 99% of the time I drive quite slow and smooth until the car is getting up to temp and then I give it a little more beans and its fine. Mines a 2012 C250CDi with 103K miles on it and a ATF change at 90K. Not sure if its the same 7 speed box you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom