2017 GLE350d Puddle Light Issue - Can I turn them off permanently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jsm

Car
GLE350d
Picked up a GLE350d today, haven't been on this forum for a few years as have been with other German marques mainly BMW and Porsche but picked this up as our workhorse going forward.

So far its all good but just fuelled it and got home (now dark) and got out to this, I have looked it up and know the puddle lights are shot which is why it doesn't display the logo correctly. I actually don't like puddle lights anyway and certainly won't be going back to the dealer about it and am not bothered about fixing it myself but is there a way to turn these puddle lights off permanently?

Failing that what's the easiest way to replace them without having a logo on the ground, just not keen on them but the option is on the build sheet so I know its supposed to be there.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

Not sure whether your model came with puddle light logos from the factory, but there’s a possibility that these are aftermarket units - they’re available for buttons on eBay, Amazon, etc.

If they are aftermarket then you could replace them with the standard units - they just clip in and out and take seconds to replace - and that way you have the benefit of puddle lights but without the logo.

Alternatively Mercedes main dealers sell both Mercedes and AMG branded puddle lights, but they’re expensive - £120-150 ish from memory - and so may be of interest to others reading this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom