2017 GT Convertible - next project car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Go for it as I bet the seller is desperate for the likes of you to come along. Very flash & noisy of course but as for £26k - try £6k as I reckon you'll need £20k to put it right & even then water & rust will STILL be hiding somewhere to ensure an ownership nightmare
If that can be bought for £6k then I’ll take two!

Without knowing what’s actually wrong with it then it’s a gamble. Repair costs could literally be tens of thousands of pounds in parts, nevermind labour, especially if the engine is damaged.

The fact that it’s for sale suggests that the insurer’s assessor has written it off, which leads me to believe that there’s more than 50% of the car‘s market value (so more than £35-40k) worth of repairs (including labour).

If you have the ability to diagnose and fix any issues yourself, and wish to keep the car rather than sell for profit, then I would imagine anything less than £40k is worth considering. If you will rely on others then the gamble is much bigger.

Looking at the dirt in the engine bay and interior door switches it looks like it’s been properly submerged? And flood water isn’t just rain water is it, so I think you’d almost have to strip everything out. Maybe more viable to break for parts? Even if sorted the value of a flood damaged car would be what 60% of a non flooded car as a guess?

All really good feed back, appreciate all your comments.

It does look like the engine may have been submerged from the picture, if this is the case, then I think it would be a breaker, will see if it is possible to view the car to confirm.

Plan was very much the next project car, with this one it would be for long term keeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom