2017 SLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kevuk20

Car
2017 SLC 250D
Hi, is it poss to program the key fob to operate the roof ? or is the smart top module required to make this work ? my SLC does not have keyless option..

Hi and welcome 👍,sorry I can't answer your question,someone will be along soon.

Yes, mate - you need the Smart Top to operate the roof. It can’t be done direct from the fob.

Look carefully at what the smarttop allows you to do, and think about the battery drain operating the roof engine off. IMHO the only benefits of the smarttop are the ability to raise the small back windows roof down (which SWMBO would like) and operate the roof while driving at 30mph or less. IMHO this does not justify the £350-400 cost of the module let alone the additional cost of installing it if you're not confident to DIY it - which is why my SLK does not have one!!

Yes, mate - you need the Smart Top to operate the roof. It can’t be done direct from the fob.
Used to be able to operate the roof via the key fob on our ‘58-plate SLK 200. I guess it’s a feature they dropped...🤔

IMHO the only benefits of the smarttop are the ability to raise the small back windows roof down (which SWMBO would like)
On my SL, once I've used the window up button to raise the front window, if I let go then operate it again it raises the rear window. Is the SLK not the same?

Last edited:
SLC has a button - in the roof operation mini console - to raise and lower all 4 windows simultaneously

On my SL, once I've used the window up button to raise the front window, if I let go then operate it again it raises the rear window. Is the SLK not the same?
I've only operated the roof on my SLK windows up, it drops both windows a little before operating then returns them to fully up once it's done its thing. I've not tried anything else to see if there is a way of getting the small rear windows back up after lowering the roof, not sure what to try.

Try the buttons up for a second time, like I say, it works on the SL

On the CLK, to open the roof with the keyfob you just need to keep the open button pressed and pointed at the drivers door IR sensor. You can also just open all of the windows in one go by double clicking on the roof open button.

I’ve got the smart top on my r170, and had similar capability on on other ragtops. Remember that you have to hold the key button down to send the signal (drains the key battery) and you’re operating the roof off the car battery - on an older battery you could be super cool and open the roof and then have to jump start the car. Not quite so cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom