2018 A class artico seat splitting with less than 40k on clock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your car is still in manufacturer warranty so that will be covered

Welcome aboard and yes that will be covered by the warranty

As others have said, get it to your nearest dealer for a warranty claim. Be aware though, they may try and fob you off that this is 'damage' rather than premature wear. They may claim your clothing has repeatedly caused this damage (jacket buttons etc). Stick to your guns and don't take no for an answer.

Anyone fixed this ?? i just bought my car and its mint, but just noticed this, 2016 not full merc history history, but just 30,000 miles, so they will tell me to go whistle, has anyone used one of those repair kits or ?? thanks in advance

Update mine was the same, i got a fix it kit off ebay arount £8 Visbella Car Seat Leather Vinyl Repair Kit Leather Cuts Rips Cracks Burns DIY Fix Tool, they have a video on youtube, good stuff i did a bit of research into it and the glue is good i squeezed the few little cracks open and put the glue in with the edge of a needle, the one little piece i had missing like the picture i put the glue in and levelled it with the pin, then when dry added the black again with a pin. Heat with the little iron things which is a bit difficult ( the trick is fill the little missing bit with the glue let it dry and then a thin bit of the black, then to heat after. If its to thick you have trouble with it curing) and it looks great, a lot better than the mans result on the video you would not notice it at all, i am very fussy and i am very pleased with the result. I will try and upload a photo tomorrow so you can see

Anyone fixed this ?? i just bought my car and its mint, but just noticed this, 2016 not full merc history history, but just 30,000 miles, so they will tell me to go whistle, has anyone used one of those repair kits or ?? thanks in advance
You don't know until you try , the mileage is low so it shouldn't have split , nothing to loose asking

Mine is exactly the same, why do they use such inferior material. The wife's b200 is 8 years old, gets more use and less care, but is seats are perfect.

I think i may have shot my bolt now with any chance i had as i have had a go at repairing it. it looks pretty good but i don't know how long it will last. Out of interest has anyone had any luck with complaining about this on their car? and getting something done?

Attachments

• IMG_0600 (1).JPG
    IMG_0600 (1).JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom