2018 A205 Comand Aux activation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
So am teetering on the brink of getting a CarPlay box for my 2017/18 C200 which is CarPlay less. The plug in boxes that do the trick use the Comand Aux Channel, a channel which is not visible on Comand 5.x systems. The box sellers will therefore kindly sell you a one time OBD diagnostic socket plug in which activateS the Aux channel in Comand, but for circa £70!!!

So to try and save myself the extra £70 thought I’d ask if any members know a lo/no cost method for activating the Aux channel in Comand 5.x? I have looked around but no joy.

Thanks in advance

C

So an investment of £37.00 with a AliExpress seller has delivered an OBD tool which today activated the Aux in channel on my 2018 A205. So now I can look to get an aftermarket Apple CarPlay plug and play unit installed to give full CarPlay via the OEM screen.

Have seen advertised a number of units from UK sellers at £500 upwards to circa £800, plus an additional charge for the OBD Aux activator, so quite an investment. I now know the identical units and cable sets are available from the same AliExpress seller for <£200.

Thats a hell of a price difference, and one that can’t be ignored. Will post updates.

So an investment of £37.00 with a AliExpress seller has delivered an OBD tool which today activated the Aux in channel on my 2018 A205. So now I can look to get an aftermarket Apple CarPlay plug and play unit installed to give full CarPlay via the OEM screen.

Have seen advertised a number of units from UK sellers at £500 upwards to circa £800, plus an additional charge for the OBD Aux activator, so quite an investment. I now know the identical units and cable sets are available from the same AliExpress seller for <£200.

Thats a hell of a price difference, and one that can’t be ignored. Will post updates.
Integrated Automotive. UK based manufacturer and seller of the best of breed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom