2018 C205 Engine Management Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thrash

Car
C205 C200 Coupe
Hi guys

So I've had my C200 about 4 months or so now from new, at the weekend whilst parking up the engine management light came on and the car started juddering/vibrating pretty violently at idle. I switched the engine off and back on but it remained. I got out of the car and came back about 30 mins later, when I turned the ignition on it was fine but obviously the light was still on.

It seemed to be driving OK and so I made it back home. The light went out yesterday evening and the car seems to be driving as normal again now. I have it booked into my local dealer but I have to wait 2 weeks for the appointment.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea of what the cause might be? Seems strange to come on and then go away with no obvious issues since. I'm a little hesitant to do any longer journeys at the minute because I don't want it to reappear when I'm on the motorway or something. I'm also hoping it will be covered under warranty, I don't do a huge amount of miles and to have an issue like this within such a short amount of time is a bit worrying!

Thanks in advance

It could be anything. No point worrying about it if it’s rectified itself, let the experts look at it when it’s booked in.
If it does it again pull over and ring them, they should send someone out to it.

When my W203 was still under warranty, the EML light came on.

Took it to the dealer, they gave me back the car very quickly saying 'we switched it off for you sir' (meaning they erased the fault code), 'do let us know if it comes back'.

Well it didn't... not in the 9 years that I owned it anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom