2018 CLS 350d - noise from rear of car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aries777

Car
2018 CLS 350d
Hi,

I have a 2018 (67 reg) CLS 350d AMG Line (done 23k miles).

When the car is up to temperature it makes a loud ticking/clicking/knocking noise from the rear of the car (videos below).

It went in to the Merc dealer under warranty for this noise and also an auxiliary battery malfunction message on the dash. They told me the adblue pump needed replacing and did this. However, when I collected my car it was making the exact same noise so it's been back in their possession ever since.

I'm now being told the noise is a "characteristic of the vehicle". The car has never ever made this noise before.

Any ideas or advice on what it could be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Well it sounds like something is touching something,as the car is stationary,then it might be the exhaust,does the noise change if you rev the car,I suppose one of the things is the heat shield on the exhaust,you say the garage has the car,these noises are nearly always found with the car on the ramps as it is so easy to grad and hold things to see if it makes any difference surprised the garage has not found what it is.

Well it sounds like something is touching something,as the car is stationary,then it might be the exhaust,does the noise change if you rev the car,I suppose one of the things is the heat shield on the exhaust,you say the garage has the car,these noises are nearly always found with the car on the ramps as it is so easy to grad and hold things to see if it makes any difference surprised the garage has not found what it is.
Thank you for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom