2018 Vito Panel Van (w447) TPMS problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poisondwarf001

Car
Mercedes Citan Van
Hello everyone, maybe one of you will be able to help me?
I bought my 2018 Vito van from a Mercedes franchised van centre in the south of the UK, about 4 months ago.

I bought it knowing that there was a fault, and nothing more (so I thought), with the tyre pressure monitoring system, and because my van doesn't hit its 3rd birthday until the end of this month, I would have it repaired locally under the warranty.

My local van centre has said that one of the wheel rims is missing its sensor and I have to buy a new one, because a missing sensor isn't covered by the warranty. Because they didn't have a sensor in stock, I have bought one from another van centre.

Leaving aside the fact that the Mercedes dealer from whom I bought the van will be getting a strongly worded email from me very soon, I have a question.

How on earth can I tell which tyre does not have the correct valve? Is there a test that I can do?
The dashboard shows the tpms fault light, but it does not show which wheel sensor is faulty.
And yes, I have asked my local van centre which wheel is missing its sensor, and I cannot get a definitive answer.

Please can anyone help?

Update......believe it or not, one of the road wheels did not have a tyre pressure sensor fitted (it must have been removed at some point before I bought it).

Needless to say, I approached the dealer from whom I purchased the van, and they paid for my local Mercedes dealer to fit one.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom